New league season – what’s your goal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Good to hear :) gogo TTD members! I am at 6:0 but no real test so far. We will see how I do on Monday against similar rated players.
I played in a team tournament as well but we did not fare too well, we dropped out in the round of 8 and I lost a match i should have won. I was leading with 2:1, then I started to fall back and rip topspins from far away from the table... was fun but stupid! So i lost in the fifth.

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
We are running pretty good in the race to promotion! Today we had our third 10:0 win of the season and over probably our biggest rivals in the division. This leaves me with a 9:0 record. I can't say im not happy... but the games don't feel fun. I can't really play my game... I guess its important to be able to play your game even against players who are giving you junk balls.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
We are running pretty good in the race to promotion! Today we had our third 10:0 win of the season and over probably our biggest rivals in the division. This leaves me with a 9:0 record. I can't say im not happy... but the games don't feel fun. I can't really play my game... I guess its important to be able to play your game even against players who are giving you junk balls.

I totally get what you're saying, but be patient, and use those junk balls to improve your skills. It sometimes can get a bit boring, but being able to put away junk balls will be good to drill yourself but also for your confidence at putting them away.
I thought you want to advance to a higher league next year, might be helpful to be well equipped then.
[Emoji6]

Reactions: Boogar
My goal for this season is to focus on every next point, not paying much attention to the score.
Focusing on footwork, anticipation, cleverness, being relaxed, pleasure.
Having a good time with the team.
Not the score and result. The good results will come naturally :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Now 5:1 :) I already made lots of TTR points but our goal is just to stay in the league, we got promoted last season. For our team we got one win and two losses at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Danke für den guten Rat :) I will think of you when im smashing them away. Funny thing my biggest weakness so far is playing against lobber or fisher. I really don't like smashing the ball. But im getting better at it and I learned that internal shoulder rotation is your friend for shots like this!

I totally get what you're saying, but be patient, and use those junk balls to improve your skills. It sometimes can get a bit boring, but being able to put away junk balls will be good to drill yourself but also for your confidence at putting them away.
I thought you want to advance to a higher league next year, might be helpful to be well equipped then.
[Emoji6]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Our season starts next week and I just cant wait! YEAH!
I already bought new stative for camera, so I will be able to do some videos ;-)

Oh wow, good one. Looking forward already. Keep 'em coming.

Have to get one for me as well. I owe you guys a bunch of vids.

Our league season has started two weeks ago after having promoted to the next higher league last season and so far everythings on track.
We have won our first two matches and therefore are first place atm. But the season's still young and it's gonna be a long and tough one.
Tomorrow it will be our third match and we play city derby against the rival team from our town.

So far i had four wins and no losses

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Played our first league match last night. Lost my first match against a really awkward long pimples attacker (this is my nightmare!!!). Second match I beat a player I lost to twice last season. I was 2-0 behind and came back to win 3-2. I was very happy with how I played, although I woke up this morning with a sore left thigh and an aching knee. The pain is worth the victory!

Reactions: eyepop and Suga D
I play in Division 2 (third League) in Wiltshire and my TTE Rating currently stands at 1440 ( I lost 160 points due to the new season "Reset" which is 10% :mad:). I managed 69.5 % in that division, so my goals for this year:

maintain a reasonable percentage, but to have better wins against my opponents.
Stop messing with my equipment :p and try to be more consistent with my shots.
help my team to win automatic promotion :cool:

Two matches in, 18 points out of a possible 20, 100% win stat for me... so far so good ... but for how long will it last :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Goal - get the team promoted back to League II for the 2nd half of the season...
Personal - Keep my winning % in the league around 75% for the year. Get my rating back to an 8 or 9 from current 7.
How's it going so far? not bad, 100% for the league so far but a big week to come!

Nice! Where are you playing in Switzerland? I am playing at TTC Bern in the 4. league. Our aim is the third league for next and the second for the the season after that.

This user has no status.
Nice! Where are you playing in Switzerland? I am playing at TTC Bern in the 4. league. Our aim is the third league for next and the second for the the season after that.
Playing in nyon. So avvf, along with coupe suisse etc! We were demoted from league 2 last year after finishing 2nd in the first round [emoji17].. so confident we'll bounce back!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
So - first match .. complete disaster!
I am ashamed to have to write something like this after I see all your success with 100% so far..
I am the oposite!
I have 0% so far..
It was one of the matches, after which you completely hate this sport. Everytime you think you can catch up you receive 2-3 net quotes or edges and you are done.
I was done!
Crap we lost so bad.. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
You are definitely not alone!

People are more inclined to comment on this thread when things have gone well.

I had a bad night last night too. I did win one (only just), but lost two and got thumped in some of the games. Not a very good evening at all. But plenty of stuff to learn from and try to get right in the next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyepop and Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
So - first match .. complete disaster!
I am ashamed to have to write something like this after I see all your success with 100% so far..
I am the oposite!
I have 0% so far..
It was one of the matches, after which you completely hate this sport. Everytime you think you can catch up you receive 2-3 net quotes or edges and you are done.
I was done!
Crap we lost so bad.. :(

Well at least you are challenged in your league, that is way more important than to win everything! And ofc there are always games like the one you described... However sometimes the luck is on your side.

Some time ago I had like 5 or 6 net/edge balls for me in three consecutive games... I felt so bad.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Thought I would bump this discussion back to the top. How have you been doing in your league matches over the past month? I played on Tuesday. I won 2 and lost 1, so fairly happy. In the match I lost, I won the first game 11-6, lost the second game 11-5. I was then 8-2 up in the third game and guess what? I LOST THE GAME. Ouch. My opponent made a subtle change of tactics, which I didn't realise until the match was over. I then lost the fourth game 12-10. Oh well. At least I won the other two matches.