New league season – what’s your goal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hi all

In the UK, our local league winter season will be starting soon.

Last year, I played in the Cambridge League (Div 1) and finished just under 50% win percentage. This year, I obviously want to get a higher win percentage (50%-60% and I’ll be happy), but I’d also like to play a more consistent topspin attacking game.

I’d be interested to know, who else is playing local league table tennis (in UK or elsewhere). Where do you play? What division do you play in? What’s your goal(s) for the new season?

Tom

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
We have a club league after every 2-3 months.. the last one ended couple of weeks back.
I felt that in the last few months i did not pay as much attention to running etc as i should have.. as a result i was not moving too well in the matches and i lost in the semis to a player whom i usually beat.
So i want to be far better in terms of fitness the next time league starts.. hopefully reach the finals at least.

Hi all

In the UK, our local league winter season will be starting soon.

Last year, I played in the Cambridge League (Div 1) and finished just under 50% win percentage. This year, I obviously want to get a higher win percentage (50%-60% and I’ll be happy), but I’d also like to play a more consistent topspin attacking game.

I’d be interested to know, who else is playing local league table tennis (in UK or elsewhere). Where do you play? What division do you play in? What’s your goal(s) for the new season?

Tom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
Had 4th place in 4th league and 2 best teams have chance to advance to 3rd league. Most of my team were kids below 15 years, so they probably improved a lot during summer break. Hoping for 3rd league after this season. Personally I would like to get at least 75% and stop changing blade in every match... well I had nice custom blade and fianlly foud my dream comercial blade in Japan - old Innerforcel ZLF FL. A little dents here and there, but it doesn't really matter. I hope to stay with one of those blades or at least changing only between them and nothing else

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
My season starts tonight and I hope to improve my TTR rating a lot. I had a break of a few years and started in winter again. we now have been promoted and all my opponents have a lot more TTR points than me. If I lose I will probably lose 1 point but when I win I will get about 15 per match. for the team I just hope we can stay in that league. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
still recovering from serious medical issues which have prevented me from playing for around 2 years now. just being able to play without crippling pain or using lots of painkillers would be my goal.

Sorry to hear that! I hope you get well soon.

As for me I played in the 4. league last year with a win rate of about 85%. Sadly we did not make the promotion to the third league. So this is going to be the overall goal for our team this season.
My goal is sustaining a 100% winning record, which is going to be hard this years as there is better competition in this years group. I want to play lots of tournaments to gather more experience and hopefully jump up some rating classes.

After my big hiking trip in Canada, i am about 20 pounds lighter and the fittest i have ever been in my life.
Had my first league match about 48 hours after i returned from Canada. Luckily i managed to win all my games, but I had more problems than i thought I'd have. So now I need to gt training again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
After my 50 year hiatus, I am about to play my first ever league season. Still recovering from a recently broken wrist, and the resulting 3 months of little exercise, my personal aim is to win a few matches. For my team, which is new to the league, my aim is to ensure that everyone finds the year fulfilling and enjoyable. Of course, that is more likely to happen if we do well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Our first match was lost 8:3 but I managed to play 2:1, it’s gonna be a hard season for my team but regarding my rating I’m pretty sure I will suceed.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
In this season, which is started 1st october I will play in 4th league. Our main goal is to stay in this division. During summer break two our good players change club so it will be probably hard season for us. Personally i wanna achieve at least 45% win ratio :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Had 4th place in 4th league and 2 best teams have chance to advance to 3rd league. Most of my team were kids below 15 years, so they probably improved a lot during summer break. Hoping for 3rd league after this season. Personally I would like to get at least 75% and stop changing blade in every match... well I had nice custom blade and fianlly foud my dream comercial blade in Japan - old Innerforcel ZLF FL. A little dents here and there, but it doesn't really matter. I hope to stay with one of those blades or at least changing only between them and nothing else

z jakiego jesteś województwa ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 6 reviews
I am from Mazowsze.

In Poland there are 16 provinces and level of leagues depends on the province.
There is super league. Lower are two 1st leagues (south and north) and (probably) sixteen 2,3,4,5 leagues. Although some provinces might not have lower leagues.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I want to gain at least 250 TTR. My rating is still like 300 lower than it should be, because there aren't many matches in Finland over one year.
That sucks big time also for my opponents, since in the few little club intern tournaments I play, I am matched against lesser players due to my rating.
In league I have players of equal strength, which sucks for them, since in case of a win for me I am stealing almost all their TTR. However, to achieve my goal, I probably need a winrate of 60-70%. I finished with 50% last season, so this will be difficult.

To achieve my goal I need to work on serve/receive and openings on the table and especially footwork. I am much slower on my feet than I think. But aren't we all? :D

Good luck to all of you! :)