Boosting H3 NEO National

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I'm trying to boost for the first time and I've opened the vacuum and removed the white protective film from the sponge. On the sponge is another clear layer, is this the factory tuning and do I boost on top of it or remove this clear layer? I tried to remove it from one of the blue sponges but I gave up since only a corner was easy to remove so I gave up.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
DHS calls that layer the primer. No one really knows for sure what they have done to it at the factory. Some speculate it is just glue. Some say it is boosted glue. Some say it is there to protect the sponge, and/or the bond b/w sponge and topsheet. Whatever the case, leave it on. Put a layer or two of booster over it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks a lot for your reply.

DHS calls that layer the primer. No one really knows for sure what they have done to it at the factory. Some speculate it is just glue. Some say it is boosted glue. Some say it is there to protect the sponge, and/or the bond b/w sponge and topsheet. Whatever the case, leave it on. Put a layer or two of booster over it.

This user has no status.
I recommend the Sandwich boosting method.
It is explained by prott.vip
you can find it, if you go to the side and scroll down. On the left there should be an icon called experience sharing.
the method is Sth called like "how the CNT retune factory tuned rubbers" or similar but there is also more interesting information.

try it out

http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=4

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
I'm trying to boost for the first time and I've opened the vacuum and removed the white protective film from the sponge. On the sponge is another clear layer, is this the factory tuning and do I boost on top of it or remove this clear layer? I tried to remove it from one of the blue sponges but I gave up since only a corner was easy to remove so I gave up.

That's just normal glue to as the foundation.

You can just directly apply oil on that, or you can put 1-2 layer of glue first then 2 layers of oil .

Normally, when I open a new neo, I will just put 1 layer of glue (plus the factory one it will be 2 layers) and 2 layers of oil.

You can put oil directly to the factory glue. It increases the boosting effect. but in turn, it kills the sponge quicker.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks! But the "fishy" smell is terrible though :) I'm boosting 4 rubbers at the same time, maybe that enhances the smell somewhat :D

That's just normal glue to as the foundation.

You can just directly apply oil on that, or you can put 1-2 layer of glue first then 2 layers of oil .

Normally, when I open a new neo, I will just put 1 layer of glue (plus the factory one it will be 2 layers) and 2 layers of oil.

You can put oil directly to the factory glue. It increases the boosting effect. but in turn, it kills the sponge quicker.

Thanks! But the "fishy" smell is terrible though :) I'm boosting 4 rubbers at the same time, maybe that enhances the smell somewhat :D

Yea that smell is typical hurricane. Even you buy the non-neo version (like the white paper national), it still has the smell. The smell is not from neo-boosting.

Is there still some sort of break-in period when you boost Hurricane?

Recently boosted a new sheet and clearing the net isn't as easy as before. Or maybe it's because the previous one was 39 and new one is 40..

Boosted with 2 layers of Falco Temp Long.

Thanks

I think it is more because of 40 degree.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Wa! Ai=ya! Jen bu shi dongxi a! Sonuvaseacook! Hot mercy Martha! 151 posts on boosting your Hurricane! Even a video in English on how to do it!

Fascin-a-freakin'-ating!

So what happens if you don't boost your Hurricane? Zombie apocalypse?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't boosting any rubber with a boosting oil kinda well sorta maybe um er ahem just a little bit illegal according to ITTF rules, even though boosting with a boosting oil can't presently be detected?

New and improved giant economy sized ponging through chemistry? Damn straight.

Sent from my eight and one-half year old horseless carriage of a Compaq CO60 laptop using a real slow Internet connection

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Wa! Ai=ya! Jen bu shi dongxi a! Sonuvaseacook! Hot mercy Martha! 151 posts on boosting your Hurricane! Even a video in English on how to do it!

Fascin-a-freakin'-ating!

So what happens if you don't boost your Hurricane? Zombie apocalypse?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't boosting any rubber with a boosting oil kinda well sorta maybe um er ahem just a little bit illegal according to ITTF rules, even though boosting with a boosting oil can't presently be detected?

New and improved giant economy sized ponging through chemistry? Damn straight.

Sent from my eight and one-half year old horseless carriage of a Compaq CO60 laptop using a real slow Internet connection

Some people even speedglue their rubbers!

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
Can someone sum this up?
Which H3 to buy ? sponge color / hardness
Whats the best (buyable) booster / glue ? HaiFu Seamoon ? Rev. No3 ?
Which technique to use ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
H3 commercial for you. 2.1/2.15 thickness 39-40 hardness
If you like it and adjusted to this kind of rubber you can "upgrade" to provincial or national depending on your budget.

Color: orange is easier to getting used to. Blue is more lively and requires nearly perfect technique. It is quite unforgivable of you hit a shitty stroke.

Booster: this is mostly personal preference. Buy what you can get your hands on. Everyone will tell you smth different which is the best booster. The only real difference a noticed is the longevity and the reaction.
For example: you need usually more layers of haifu than tempo long booster. But haifu is more forgiving and less aggressive. If you **** up with tlb you gonna have a Rubber which will never undome and probably bubble the moment you hit a ball.
So just buy what you get your hands on.

Your glue example is fine. I personally use dhs no 15 which is quite thick and pretty strong. Both characteristics are quite important otherwise you wouldnt get your rubber unto the blade if the rubber is still domed.

The rest was already answered in your thread.
In general boosting requires some experience with it. So you wont have the best result immediatly. Just go for 2-3 layers and adjust the next time.

Remember, boosting softens the sponge and gives the rubber the little bit of tensor feeling you probably know from your dignics. Just a little bit different.
And never boost too much, otherwise you damage the sponge and probably the rubber too, so you wont be able to use it for long and it is gonna feel mushy and unreliable.

Oct 2020
H3 commercial for you. 2.1/2.15 thickness 39-40 hardness
If you like it and adjusted to this kind of rubber you can "upgrade" to provincial or national depending on your budget.

Color: orange is easier to getting used to. Blue is more lively and requires nearly perfect technique. It is quite unforgivable of you hit a shitty stroke.

Booster: this is mostly personal preference. Buy what you can get your hands on. Everyone will tell you smth different which is the best booster. The only real difference a noticed is the longevity and the reaction.
For example: you need usually more layers of haifu than tempo long booster. But haifu is more forgiving and less aggressive. If you **** up with tlb you gonna have a Rubber which will never undome and probably bubble the moment you hit a ball.
So just buy what you get your hands on.

Your glue example is fine. I personally use dhs no 15 which is quite thick and pretty strong. Both characteristics are quite important otherwise you wouldnt get your rubber unto the blade if the rubber is still domed.

The rest was already answered in your thread.
In general boosting requires some experience with it. So you wont have the best result immediatly. Just go for 2-3 layers and adjust the next time.

Remember, boosting softens the sponge and gives the rubber the little bit of tensor feeling you probably know from your dignics. Just a little bit different.
And never boost too much, otherwise you damage the sponge and probably the rubber too, so you wont be able to use it for long and it is gonna feel mushy and unreliable.

You´re the best! Thank you so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
All up for Attitude. Regarding glue, you may use Stiga Attach Power Glue (which I use) or Nittaku Fine Zip (lots ppl here use). DHS N15 doesn’t last very long once opened (I experienced myself and some ppl reported so online). Boost thin, glue medium (not too thin)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
All up for Attitude. Regarding glue, you may use Stiga Attach Power Glue (which I use) or Nittaku Fine Zip (lots ppl here use). DHS N15 doesn’t last very long once opened (I experienced myself and some ppl reported so online). Boost thin, glue medium (not too thin)

Ok that is new to me. Whats is the experience with dhs if it "goes bad"? Does the glue not work anymore or what.
Im asking because i have mine for over a year now (the big bottle) and it is still doing its job. At least i think it is lol

Although im wondering - maybe that is the reason why most sellers doesnt have the big bottle in their stock anymore

Last edited: