should i change my rubber ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you are writing the question, you probably know the answer. Do you think you should change your rubber?

One thing you could try for the H3 if that is the rubber you want to change: putting some WD40 on the topsheet will make the topsheet grippier. Boosting the sponge will will make the sponge perform better. You could try that and see what happens. It may help the Palio rubber too.

If you are ready to change rubbers you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work, you change rubbers. If it works, you can use them for a few more months at least.

Some people will use H3 for years without changing rubbers.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
If you are writing the question, you probably know the answer. Do you think you should change your rubber?

One thing you could try for the H3 if that is the rubber you want to change: putting some WD40 on the topsheet will make the topsheet grippier. Boosting the sponge will will make the sponge perform better. You could try that and see what happens. It may help the Palio rubber too.

If you are ready to change rubbers you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work, you change rubbers. If it works, you can use them for a few more months at least.

Some people will use H3 for years without changing rubbers.

what is WD40 , i am a newb :) can u explain ? , 90% will work ??

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
what is WD40 , i am a newb :) can u explain ? , 90% will work ??

Here: read this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40

WD40 is a brand of lubricant spray. Putting a quarter sized circle of it on your topsheet and rubbing the lubricant in so it is spread evenly on the topsheet, and then letting the rubber absorb the lubricant will make a dead topsheet more grippy.

You don't want to do it to a good topsheet. But if the topsheet is starting to lose its grip, the oil can give it some for a few weeks. It does it by damaging the rubber molecules. Which is why you don't want to do it to a new sheet. But it could give you some extra play with your old rubbers.

Baby oil also works. But my experience is that WD40, and how thin it is, and how it evaporates faster, gives your topsheet more grip than baby oil does.

Last edited: