Asian Cup 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Women's Singles - Final [Chinese / Full HD | CCTV-5]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I just saw that FZD lost to CCA in the group stage. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this is FZD's first loss to a non-Chinese player in 3 YEARS (last loss was to Chen Feng and Li Hu at Asian Games 2014). Not sure, but this might be the 2nd longest such streak ever, after Ma Long's streak of 4.5 years which ended this year (World Cup 2012 group stage to Asian Championships 2017).
Crazy stuff.

CCA is Chinese.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
FZD looked exhausted. His footwork wasn't as great as usual. Especially in the last two games he was sometimes out of position, reaching for short balls, and seemed to be trying to finish points early. I think that's why he made so many uncharacteristic mistakes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Everyone has a bad day. I think FZD had a bad day. Then again, LGY had a good day. So, perhaps that combination is part of what we saw.
I think the same

But overall fzd prove to be a lot better than lgy.

Do you guys know the win rate between both?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
After closely watching SF between FZD and Sangsu again, it looked like FZD was not fully focused and motivated even during that match even if he won it quite comfortably He rather showed lack of interest at times (ZJK style ). Many speculated he might be tired during the final but these players practice 8-9 hours everyday and a couple of matches a day should not make any difference to a beast like FZD. If it is not injury related it might be mental thing like some disciplinary actions in the back of his head or just pissed of losing to ML again in Chinese nat games.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Useful Memory! (for comparison)

2012 World Junior Table Tennis Championships, Dec 9-16, Hyderabad IND
# Junior Boy's Singles Final :: FAN Zhendong Vs LIN Gaoyuan

Last edited:
Reactions: JesperStef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
LGY was tired also. they both had to endure chinese national games . They were both fit and well as far as I know cause I didnt catch up with the TT news lately so correct me if FZD was injured, LGY is definitely underrated and people probably like FZD more because of his previous results and expect him to be the next ML but I think this is not exactly the case with such strong competitors after him especially the "younger" generation coming up (LDS ZK LJK). LGY is definitely gonna "unexpectedly shock" us in the future what a versatile player

Last edited:
Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LGY was tired also. they both had to endure chinese national games . They were both fit and well as far as I know cause I didnt catch up with the TT news lately so correct me if FZD was injured, LGY is definitely underrated and people probably like FZD more because of his previous results and expect him to be the next ML but I think this is not exactly the case with such strong competitors after him especially the "younger" generation coming up (LDS ZK LJK). LGY is definitely gonna "unexpectedly shock" us in the future what a versatile player

LGY didn't play the singles event at National games because he didn't qualify - basically, FZD almost played every round of every event he was eligible for at a high level (he only went out "early" in XD). You can be very fit, but you are still human - rest matters and wear and tear happens over time if you don't get enough rest. Give FZD his due.