Zhou Yu magic tricks - changing racket during the match at Austrian Open

says Aging is a killer
Very slick

How to change your racket during the match legally? Just peel rubber by yourself (watch from 29min 38sec):
also interesting to note that he changed from DHS W968 to some other blade

Notice also that he doesn't inform his opponent or show him the bat. Not required, but it would be the sporting thing to do. Plus the time strectched to about >2min, nice rest period for him.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I wonder, based on the way he missed the shot right before all that.

Changing blades like that was as likely to mess himself up as do anything to the opponent.

Still, he should have shown the umpire the racket immediately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The glue wasn't strong enough and the rubber peeled off because of the booster. (probably)
He showed it to the umpire, who allowed him to change his racket.
He let the equipment control guys to examine his racket right after the match.
It's legal, just like if you accidentally break your blade during the match.

This user has no status.
The glue wasn't strong enough and the rubber peeled off because of the booster. (probably)
He showed it to the umpire, who allowed him to change his racket.
He let the equipment control guys to examine his racket right after the match.
It's legal, just like if you accidentally break your blade during the match.

If you look carefully he tried to peel black rubber first, but couldn't do that fastly, so peeled off red one right after that. If it was already peeled off - why he peeled it more with his hands and didn't showed it to umpire right away. I would guess that he didn't liked his racket and thought that changing it could be his last chance to get back to game. But in my opinion it was not the racket, he was just playing whole game not at his level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
If you look carefully he tried to peel black rubber first, but couldn't do that fastly, so peeled off red one right after that. If it was already peeled off - why he peeled it more with his hands and didn't showed it to umpire right away. I would guess that he didn't liked his racket and thought that changing it could be his last chance to get back to game. But in my opinion it was not the racket, he was just playing whole game not at his level.

Yeah, it might be that he thought that there is some problem with the glue job. Not a big deal.