Who do you think will win the Austrian Open 2017?

• Wong Chun Ying

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Koki Niwa

• Fang Bo

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yan An

• Yuya Oshima

• Masaki Yoshida

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
The expedite system really is cancer...it totally messed up the incredibly tense match between Ni Xialian and Honoka Hashimoto, the chopper. After the expedite system was implemented, 15 consecutive points went against service! What a disaster.

Btw, Ni Xialian won 18-16 in the 7th. Great, great patience in her performance.

it must suck for HASHIMOTO to lose this match against her grandma !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
GARDOS the veteran posting a fantastic win in front of his home crowd against a Chinese player. Finally !!!

he looks happy at the end but its only the 1st round of the Austrian Open...

The round doesn't matter he is the underdog. His first victory over a CNT player in over a decade and he had had chances vs ZJK. He played a CNT player who plays a lot like himself in the next round as Well, only a leftie. Even if he loses that one, this win has made his tournament as no one including himself had him advancing. Well, maybe just the side of himself that needed to compete in the match.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Really. Nothing striking in his arsenal? I guess we're seeing different things.

I think I am ready to get ahead of the curve and say I think he has the current best RPB on the planet. Even over Wong Chun Ting. Now is his BH on WH level? The greatest RPB of all time and one of the truely great penholders? No and that's a little unfair at this point. But he's young and I'll put his RPB up against anybodys. Xu Xin would be world champion if his RPB was remotely as good as Xue's RPB.

Side note:

And I will contend that it'll keep being legal as long as it's not called. Honestly we could play the "he hides his serves illegally" game with virtually every pro out there. We really could. So in my book of it's not called or if the opponent isn't arguing it, then that means it's fine.

Umpire disqualified Xu Fei's first serve of the U21 match :

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Umpire disqualified Xu Fei's first serve of the U21 match :

At least 3 faults in the first game and at least 5 in the match. That he won despite so many fault calls is to his credit. Also credit the ump for making the call even if inconsistently. I think that if you toss the ball back towards you, the ball toss should be significantly high, though that said, Tristan Flore notoriously had an illegal backward toss even with a high toss ( it is cleaner now).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
FOUR(!!!) matchpoints for Filus/Walther against Fang Bo/ Zhou Yu!!
This tournament is absolutely INSANE!
[Emoji15]
And while i´ve been typing this they actually did it. Amazing Filus/Walther made it to the semis.
[EDIT: I got so excited that i messed it up. Just realized this was the semis, so they even made it to the finals.]

Who would have thought this two days ago...

..this probably means the basement for years. Let´s just hope it´s only the basement and not the coalmine.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It was on topic when it was posted, thats why you see NextLevel replying to it .... subsequently some of the posts that initiated that reply has been edited / deleted ... thats is why it seems its out of topic ...

How is this in any way topical? So far I see no discussion of ML or ZJK in this thread.

Reactions: Trismegistus
This user has no status.
Fang Bo down 1-3, Lin and Gardos going to game 7. Today is going to be epic.

Arff no miracle for GARDOS... he played a very fine match and fought bravely till the end but it wasn't enough today.

His game is close to the table, BH oriented (less pivot than other younger players), i am learning from seeing him play

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A standing ovation for Gardos in defeat. What an amazing display of the style required to play with the plastic ball going forward.

Fang Bo manages to recover from the edge of defeat - still in a battle as it is 3-2 Ng and Ng is on fire.

Last edited: