New Tibhar case -not very happy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I have a Li-ning branded China Team case, as seen at the Rio Olympics. About the same size as the two-bat soft rectangular cases seen above, so quite a lot smaller than the typical aluminium case. It easily holds 2 bats, and with care, 3. It has a hard outer case. It doesn't seem to be available now, but if you go to Aliexpress, and search for "German national table tennis case", you should find, from Chinese Ping Pong, a Tibhar Branded German flagged model which seems identical. I am quite happy with mine.

Are you talking about this one?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...526.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.162e3dfb8MsUpK

2017-10-04_222724.jpg

I have nearly identical tibhar case (see the first picture of the post). The outer shell is the same as mine and it's not a rigid one like aluminum case, but semi rigid made from some type of high density foam (I think it's called EVA foam) which can be compressed quite easy. It's made from the same materials like headphone cases and similar ones... My case has a lot of inner foam like aluminum cases have so its very big.

When I do my daily commute I usually take my backpack and load all my stuff for the whole day. It's quite a lot. Computer with cables and mouse, some papers, food containers, my protein shaker, my thermo coffee mug, sports clothes, shower stuff, sport shoes and so on... So now the case has the marking of my metal thermo mug pressed in it :) The equipment inside survived because of a couple of centimeters of inner foam :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Are you talking about this one?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...526.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.162e3dfb8MsUpK

View attachment 14382

I have nearly identical tibhar case (see the first picture of the post). The outer shell is the same as mine and it's not a rigid one like aluminum case, but semi rigid made from some type of high density foam (I think it's called EVA foam) which can be compressed quite easy. It's made from the same materials like headphone cases and similar ones... My case has a lot of inner foam like aluminum cases have so its very big.

When I do my daily commute I usually take my backpack and load all my stuff for the whole day. It's quite a lot. Computer with cables and mouse, some papers, food containers, my protein shaker, my thermo coffee mug, sports clothes, shower stuff, sport shoes and so on... So now the case has the marking of my metal thermo mug pressed in it :) The equipment inside survived because of a couple of centimeters of inner foam :)

The China/Germany red case is nowhere near the size of the Tibhar in the OP. As stated, it is much smaller than an aluminium case, and has no foam inside.. It really is about the size of the standard two bat case (like the Stga and Joola ones pictured on this thread), but has harder outer case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Ok ..
after long search i found this case which i just ordered ...
Looks fine with good price . But in different color
I let you now how it looks like.
View attachment 14438

Definitely looking forward for your feedback

The China/Germany red case is nowhere near the size of the Tibhar in the OP. As stated, it is much smaller than an aluminium case, and has no foam inside.. It really is about the size of the standard two bat case (like the Stga and Joola ones pictured on this thread), but has harder outer case.

yes, I think this case is better then my tibhar as although my tibhar has some luxurious foam, it's gigantic

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
What does the luxurious foam look like?

That's a good one :)

Tibhar has a very thick foam on the bottom. I would say Butterfly has some 2 mm and Tibhar has some 7 -10 mm of padding and that's very noticeable. Also Butterfly foam insert is made from 2 separate foams glued together: the bottom one that gives the bottom padding and the upper one that holds the racket in place and protects from side forces. Tibhar foam is carved from one solid piece of foam. It looks and feels really nice (and the case feels very big :) ).

20170925_102335 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• tibhar3.jpg
    tibhar3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Ok here is small video review of the Joola case as i promised.

Very nice review. The case seems very spacious, but still as with other soft cases no space for balls and not sure whats the point for flexible plastic insert. So maybe not the ideal case, but I'mpretty sure it would be hard to find something better if you want to carry 3blades….

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Nice. But i think the joola case is better and it is only for 15 Euro ...
Could you pls elaborate what exactly makes it “better“? Kinda hard for me to follow this kinda logic.
Cheaper yes, but better? I don't know...
Just 'cause a Volkswagen is cheaper than a Mercedes i wouldn't run around saying the Volkswagen is better. But that might just be me....

Anyhow, in my eyes the DHS looks much nicer
;) :p

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Could you pls elaborate what exactly makes it “better“? Kinda hard for me to follow this kinda logic.
Cheaper yes, but better? I don't know...
Just 'cause a Volkswagen is cheaper than a Mercedes i wouldn't run around saying the Volkswagen is better. But that might just be me....

Anyhow, in my eyes the DHS looks much nicer
;) :p
Ok ..
What is nice for you i keep in your capable eyes ;-)
I`m referring here only on practical status of this two cases
The dimensions looks identical ....
In first i`m missing the outside pocket on DHS,and also Joola has this inside apartment with four separated spaces with net ,where you can see to inside of each pocket where DHS has only one .
Joola here represent Lambo for me... ;-) but with price of 15 eur ;-)
Keep you Mercedes and i will stay with my Lambo
:cool: