New Tibhar case -not very happy

This user has no status.
I also use this kind of case to carry 2 blades 100% of the time and many times three blades when the need arises. When I have to carry 4 blades I use two of this case.

4961fbfe08fc66a16f191f2937b1b69d.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is the case I have that is rectangular:

1c9e7b74c15fb4a260e4d02b63179950.jpg

08a674b9f5e17724134541497d807d4d.jpg

b110d496bbe5207b66bb9d7e7f5750aa.jpg

0ad0c7c9809d2b36f6ef5f6bf3c833ab.jpg

e2517259eb5595da2e5a96682f9a470a.jpg

When I took the photos there were two blades in it. It actually has very good protection in spite of the fact that it looks so thin.

And I have carried 4 blades in it without a problem. It ends up thicker with 4 blades in it. But it still protects them.

However, I like the other one I showed much better because it takes up so much less space.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like ones with hard plastic insert as it provides more structural protection. I purposely bought the hard plastic insert separately to be used with case like Carl’s before.

I used to agree with you. In 1991 I had this great Butterfly case that was like that with the plastic insert. My mom somehow did a number on it because she didn’t understand how it worked.

It still would be good otherwise. And when I first got the Yasaka one, I kind of thought the same thing. But he padding in this one is really good and it actually protects as well as that Butterfly case even without the plastic insert.

I have not seen another one without the plastic insert that was as good as that Yasaka one though. If you compare the padding and material from it with any other rectangular case I have seen, they just can’t compare.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Got to disagree with you on this one Carl. It might be better than other padding case, but it won't be better than the hard plastic insert. The better padding would protect it better against some knocks, but won't help against heavier pressure (bending). Well, unless very thick foam such in pelican case or something like that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Got to disagree with you on this one Carl. It might be better than other padding case, but it won't be better than the hard plastic insert. The better padding would protect it better against some knocks, but won't help against heavier pressure (bending). Well, unless very thick foam such in pelican case or something like that.

Well, you might be right there. But that is not going to happen in the bag I put my racket cases in. It has a slot for a lap top. :) Unless I get hit by a car, they will be okay. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

I agree with rokphish. For me it seems it's more important to protect the racket from bending forces in order not to brake the wood or some pointy objects not to damage the rubbers then from knocks. Racket is not brittle, if you drop it from some reasonable height, nothing will happen (after all it's purpose is to hit the balls, which is somewhat reverse of being dropped... ). So I would vote for a case with hard outer shell or rigid case insert and inferior padding when vice versa...

By the way a friend told me he saw how a guy hit the table with the racket and it broke in the part where handle meets the blade..

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I have a Li-ning branded China Team case, as seen at the Rio Olympics. About the same size as the two-bat soft rectangular cases seen above, so quite a lot smaller than the typical aluminium case. It easily holds 2 bats, and with care, 3. It has a hard outer case. It doesn't seem to be available now, but if you go to Aliexpress, and search for "German national table tennis case", you should find, from Chinese Ping Pong, a Tibhar Branded German flagged model which seems identical. I am quite happy with mine.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017