Which is the best blade for chinese rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Butterfly TENERGY 05 Simply the best rubber. Great spin, great sense of feedback and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Butterfly TENERGY 05 Simply the best rubber. Great spin, great sense of feedback and control.

your wrong..... all player can have diffrents feling with differents rubber... if u ask chinese what is the best rubber for him he will say h3... if u ask timo boll he will says u 05.... ;)

and me i dont like 05 ... i prefer h3 for forehand

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Simply put, T05 is the king in the non-tacky kingdom. H3 (boosted) is the king in the tacky kingdom.

But if your stroke and techniques are good enough, your game is generally better with H3 than with any Tenergy.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

So true, it’s the best Long Pip, Short Pip, Anti, Tacky, and Hitting rubber on the market. Period.

And in case you don’t play TT, it’s been successfully used as a frying pan. In a pinch it will also walk your dog.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I kind of feel this best expresses what is going on in this thread.

But wait, let’s see something.

For CNT members and H3:

1) Kong Linghui used an Avalox P-500 and then, a Butterfly Kong Linghui which was the same wood plies as the P-500. Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto. At some point he had a custom blade that also had carbon only on the BH side.

2) Ma Lin used a Ma Lin Extra Offensive. I think that may be Walnut-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Walnut. But I can’t remember for sure.

3) Wang Liqin used a Clipper: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba.

4) I think Wang Hao used Hurricane Hao: Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto. Could be wrong there too. But he at least used that for part of his career.

5) ZJK, FZD, LJK and a few others use a Viscaria: Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-ALC-Koto.

6) Throughout his career Ma Long has used Many blades. He used Nittaku Acoustic, TB ALC, several variations of all wood and composite blades from DHS before settling on the W968 blade.

Acoustic: Limba-Limba-Tung Tree-Limba-Limba

TB ALC: same construction as Viscaria.

One of the all wood blades ML used from DHS had the same wood plies as a Clipper.

I think the blade ML uses now has Limba-Limba-ALC as the top 3 plies.

7) Fang Bo uses a blade with the same plies as Ma Long’s current blade.

That is a very large range of very different kinds of blades. What does all this material say? If the blade is right for your level, H3 will work on it. But you really can say that for any other kind of rubber as well.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I kind of feel this best expresses what is going on in this thread.

But wait, let’s see something.

For CNT members and H3:

1) Kong Linghui used an Avalox P-500 and then, a Butterfly Kong Linghui which was the same wood plies as the P-500. Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto. At some point he had a custom blade that also had carbon only on the BH side.

2) Ma Lin used a Ma Lin Extra Offensive. I think that may be Walnut-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Walnut. But I can’t remember for sure.

3) Wang Liqin used a Clipper: Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba.

4) I think Wang Hao used Hurricane Hao: Koto-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Koto. Could be wrong there too. But he at least used that for part of his career.

5) ZJK, FZD, LJK and a few others use a Viscaria: Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-ALC-Koto.

6) Throughout his career Ma Long has used Many blades. He used Nittaku Acoustic, TB ALC, several variations of all wood and composite blades from DHS before settling on the W968 blade.

Acoustic: Limba-Limba-Tung Tree-Limba-Limba

TB ALC: same construction as Viscaria.

One of the all wood blades ML used from DHS had the same wood plies as a Clipper.

I think the blade ML uses now has Limba-Limba-ALC as the top 3 plies.

7) Fang Bo uses a blade with the same plies as Ma Long’s current blade.

That is a very large range of very different kinds of blades. What does all this material say? If the blade is right for your level, H3 will work on it. But you really can say that for any other kind of rubber as well.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Now all change with new ball, 90% chinese player use carbon ... and u need dont forgot their blade are not same than u can buy on shop .... :)

now in chinese team lot of use viscaria or w968 ...

This user has no status.
Which is the best blade for chinese rubber?

I will answer this question from marketing perspective. From what I've seen in my 3 years table tennis life, Chinese rubber is made for spin-oriented players. Most of them a have a hard sponge and you need a good technique to utilise the rubbers.

The best blade to pair with chinese rubbers ?
Absolutely there is no exact answer to this question. Like Carl says, every players have their own preferences and different feels. You should try a different kind of equipment before you know what's best for you. It's a quiet long journey and I've spent 3 years to find what equipment suit for my playstyle. Now I'm using a chinese rubber and I prefer to pair it with a fast but flexible blade so I can generate spin without sacrificing too much speed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now all change with new ball, 90% chinese player use carbon ... and u need dont forgot their blade are not same than u can buy on shop .... :)

now in chinese team lot of use viscaria or w968 ...

I will agree with you that top players use faster stuff in general today than they did 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago. But the people playing with Euro/Japanese rubbers are also playing with faster equipment and it doesn't have much to do with the rubbers they are using.

And it does not change the simple fact that, if a certain blade, whichever blade, is going to be right for your game, H3 will work on it. The rubbers still work on everything. So the real issue is, what blade will be right for the person playing.

This user has no status.
I am seriously thinking that there should be an institution analogue to golf fitter where a player can try various combi and decided which combi he or she like best.

We still missing that in Indonesia, and,

Pinjam punya teman (Borrowing from a friend) method sometimes did not work when friends combi not various enough, like all them love Sardius.

And, even best item only being best on limited time span, from item degradation or obsolesce perspective. Example, reference of what People said as all rounder rubber goes from Flextra Class to Sriver / Mark V Class to Bluefire JP3 Class in 20 years span. Also true to all rounder sponge thickness, from 1.5 mm to 1.8 mm, and I am considering to rise the bar to 2.0 mm now, learning what kind of heavy ball plastic ball is.

Unlike golf that in that 20 years span, I can still trust my old Mizuno blades. Yes, there newer alternatives, but the difference is minutes compared to what I have seen in TT. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I used to play H3 with 5ply Butterfly ALL+ and felt great. Then I moved to Acrylic Butterfly Timo Boll OFF- and felt ok. Then I switch H3 with T5 on Timo Boll OFF- and felt bad. I moved back to H3 with 5ply Butterfly and felt miserable. All these were done in a period of ~ 15 years. When I changed my style with long pips to minimize the quickness of younger players I used the same 5 ply Butterfly ALL+ with Yasaka Soft and fell like I was in honeymoon ;) Now I use a customized 5 ply all wood with Yasaka soft and feel like I am in heaven. Ha ha ,,, ... So much for a funny OP.

Last edited:
"I am seriously thinking that there should be an institution analogue to golf fitter where a player can try various combi and decided which combi he or she like best. "

Its a good idea, but who will nutrition that institution? How many centres worldwidе? How many players will visit a centre, counting transport and time exp.?

I think its more appropriate if suppliers, vendors and clubs act more friendly with players and customers.
Here in my country only one of all vendors has a really good working friendly trading policy. He is a player, a coach, has a club, and usually would always have in use the setup you are interrested in. If not, would offer something very similar, or even would prepare a new one for testing with no purchase obligation. The same is with our club, but with much less choise.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now xu xin test dhs 301 ;)

But for years he has played with a fairly slow, all wood blade with H3 and it did work fine for him. :) Glad you reminded me of that. XX for years used H3 with Stiga Intensity NCT. More of a demonstration that it will work with any blade and still today can work, even with a slow, five ply, all wood blade at the highest levels of play.