Which is the best blade for chinese rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
But for years he has played with a fairly slow, all wood blade with H3 and it did work fine for him. :) Glad you reminded me of that. XX for years used H3 with Stiga Intensity NCT. More of a demonstration that it will work with any blade and still today can work, even with a slow, five ply, all wood blade at the highest levels of play.
I think XX used TG2.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think XX used TG2.

Passionate about TT

[emoji2] They are not that different. And he definitely was using “Chinese” rubber with a 5 ply all wood blade that is not too fast while having WR #3, 2 and even 1. [emoji2]

And my main point was the rubbers go with whatever blade you use. So a more worthwhile question would be:

“What blade would be good for me?”

And for that people would need to know the OP’s game and skill level.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
[emoji2] They are not that different. And he definitely was using “Chinese” rubber with a 5 ply all wood blade that is not too fast while having WR #3, 2 and even 1. [emoji2]

And my main point was the rubbers go with whatever blade you use. So a more worthwhile question would be:

“What blade would be good for me?”

And for that people would need to know the OP’s game and skill level.

Yeah I agree. Same for T05 can go with any blades depending on the a person's style and level.

Although TG2 BS is significantly harder to play than H3 BS tho. Only XX's strong looping stroke can unleash the power of TG2

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
Yeah I agree. Same for T05 can go with any blades depending on the a person's style and level.

Although TG2 BS is significantly harder to play than H3 BS tho. Only XX's strong looping stroke can unleash the power of TG2

Passionate about TT
Funny that I consider H3 as the easiest rubber to brush loop with, ever. [emoji28]

(Not yet exposed to Tenergy)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: SFF_lib
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Funny that I consider H3 as the easiest rubber to brush loop with, ever. [emoji28]

(Not yet exposed to Tenergy)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk
I agree too. A piece of H3 provincial costs half the price of Tenergy yet can do everything Tenergy can do. In aspects, H3 surpasses Tenergy.
But different people prefer different rubbers for their style.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
From what ive gathered a ton of people enjoy chinese rubbers on blades - only considering all wooders - that are fairly hard but reasonably flexy - meaning a harder outer ply like walnut or koto on spruce middle ply for some kick.
playing h3n on forehand ive recently switched from force pro (7ply limba ayous...) to fuga and i absolutely adore it (initially i even looked at innerforce tech). on table play has become safer, placements more precise, i overshoot less on both sides, and far from the table i dont lose any speed because of the increased spin and whip the flexier blade provides. thats certainly very individual and has to do with technique

however stating universalisms like "anything works" while cackling along is hardly productive. it sounds like the wise thing to say since of course everyone is different. but there certainly are general tendencies. just because theres that one oddball playing long pips with thick sponge on both sides of a schlager carbon it doesnt make it an equally likely and good choice for the average player. keep in mind that some people, the market being as broad as it is, just dont know where to start and just look for some direction to begin testing out different things. that being said, yup, its kinda impossible to really suggest anything without a reasonably accurate picture of the individuals level and style

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
yup, its kinda impossible to really suggest anything without a reasonably accurate picture of the individuals level and style

IMHO you could have left out everything you´ve written before that, ´cause it all comes down to this and that would be actually nothing else than what panany and Carl have written before

Maybe generalisations aren´t very helpful but so could one say is a blade suggestion of a blade like the Fuga without knowing how OP plays.
It could also be exactly the opposite what OP needs and is looking for (especially after his question about ZLC blades)

Maybe a general advice isn´t very precise, but in my book it´s still better than a more detailed but wrong advice that doesn´t fit the needs of the one who´s been asking...

This user has no status.
IMHO you could have left out everything you´ve written before that, ´cause it all comes down to this and that would be actually nothing else than what panany and Carl have written before

Maybe generalisations aren´t very helpful but so could one say is a blade suggestion of a blade like the Fuga without knowing how OP plays.
It could also be exactly the opposite what OP needs and is looking for (especially after his question about ZLC blades)

Maybe a general advice isn´t very precise, but in my book it´s still better than a more detailed but wrong advice that doesn´t fit the needs of the one who´s been asking...

In this case any advice isnt worse than absolutely no advice (although lack of knowledge renders the word "advice" questionable). The fact that your "advice" might be in an entirely wrong direction doesnt change that, since that isnt worse than no direction. Considering conceivable tendencies like "a lot like X", that is - statistically - certainly better (if true) and as such i see no reason not to at least make mention of it. So yes, generalisations arent necessarily but CAN be helpful, generalisations like "a lot of players tend to like X", because → "keep in mind that some people, the market being as broad as it is, just dont know where to start and just look for some direction to begin testing out different things." If one needs to start somewhere, he can at least start where the likelihood of "success" might be higher -- rather than point his finger on a globus and spin [hence me writing the long pips overexaggeration].

What I mean by universalism arent generalisations but obvious truths like "I cant know for sure". Those arent conducive. Especially when elaborating endlessly. Just because you cant be certain about something that doesnt mean that you cant say anything potentially helpful. You can.
With said sentence "I cant know for sure", you can indicate however, that it might very well be wrong. It is for the other person to make up his mind and do further research; you dont force him or try to convince him to do anything

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In this case any advice isnt worse than absolutely no advice (although lack of knowledge renders the word "advice" questionable). The fact that your "advice" might be in an entirely wrong direction doesnt change that, since that isnt worse than no direction. Considering conceivable tendencies like "a lot like X", that is - statistically - certainly better (if true) and as such i see no reason not to at least make mention of it. So yes, generalisations arent necessarily but CAN be helpful, generalisations like "a lot of players tend to like X", because → "keep in mind that some people, the market being as broad as it is, just dont know where to start and just look for some direction to begin testing out different things." If one needs to start somewhere, he can at least start where the likelihood of "success" might be higher -- rather than point his finger on a globus and spin [hence me writing the long pips overexaggeration].

What I mean by universalism arent generalisations but obvious truths like "I cant know for sure". Those arent conducive. Especially when elaborating endlessly. Just because you cant be certain about something that doesnt mean that you cant say anything potentially helpful. You can.
With said sentence "I cant know for sure", you can indicate however, that it might very well be wrong. It is for the other person to make up his mind and do further research; you dont force him or try to convince him to do anything

well everyone has his own interpretations, but i understand that what you call universalism as an invitation to post a video to give a more precise advice.
Not saying that you´re reading it wrong, but i think it´s in the eyes of the beholder to find a wrong advice more useful than no real advice but an invitation to post a video to prevent giving wrong advice.
:)
I find it just funny making a looooong azz post judging over other people´s post and then drop a short line in the end that is basically meaning the same as the previous posts.
Find the mistake.....

But everyone is different and that might just be me....
;)

This user has no status.
well everyone has his own interpretations, but i understand that what you call universalism as an invitation to post a video to give a more precise advice.
Not saying that you´re reading it wrong, but i think it´s in the eyes of the beholder to find a wrong advice more useful than no real advice but an invitation to post a video to prevent giving wrong advice.
:)
I find it just funny making a looooong azz post judging over other people´s post and then drop a short line in the end that is basically meaning the same as the previous posts.
Find the mistake.....

But everyone is different and that might just be me....
;)

B...but... I just explained in detail why- And that's not what I- Oh well, this is not leading anywhere, once again. Since I would just make myself even more unlikable by repeating what I said in even greater detail and precision -- I refrain from doing so and wish you a great evening. :)

Reactions: Suga D
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
If i try a couple of sheets, say on a Cipper CR WRB, and i play like a god. Then i take the same rubbers and just exhange theblade to my birtdaypresent A Hurricane Long 5, gluing them just like on the Clipper. And i play, first to get a hang of them rubbers on a different blade, then become one with them, but this blade noticibly plays a lot of bad shots i did not experience. I cannot get them to work on that Hurricane-blade even when i played as long with them as on the Stigablade. Now im becomming frustrated and remember i had a DHS W301O, a relative reservblade thats very good for th 18 dollars it costed on TT11. Tries one time more, even if i had give up of the Hurricane, and go bach to the Clipper. Notice that this is it! I just hammer inthose spinny sideloops so the balls get stuck in my opponents trainingtrousers pockets...No, kidding, all of the material mentioned on this side eas fuctional. BUT neverteless, the rubbers plays clearly best on the Windblade. Have you experienced something like that. i Have. Not with this stuff, but other. I mean now, same drills same matches same same. And an 18 dollar 5ply does the job! Came here t look for if someone knowed a good blade to my new Hurricane 8 Hard. Sorry for the (here in Sweden) nightly long conversationmode. Signing of!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
I could not resist this.
Best: well, what one person feels is best is different from what another person will feel is best. So the answers you will get will have to actually reflect more the range of tastes of what different people like.

So, perhaps rokphish’s answer is the ideal one. Which one? Mine! All 900 of them! [emoji2]

But, despite this, it is also worth knowing that the TT EJ Myth that certain blades work better with certain rubbers just isn’t true. The blade does what it does. The rubbers do what they do.

When someone tries a setup and likes it or doesn’t like it, that experience will be influenced by what the player is already using.

I will give you some examples:

1) If you were using a very slow setup, like Stiga Allround Classic with Sriver, and then you tried a Viscaria with Tenergy, it would feel CRAZY FAST. But Allround Classic + Sriver would feel a normal speed.

2) If you then played with Viscaria + Tenergy for 6 months to a year and tried the Allround Classic + Sriver, you would think it outrageously slow. Even though a year ago it felt the right speed.

3) If you were used to H3 and tried Tenergy, you would probably think it was too bouncy and you felt the vibrations of the blade too much on contact.

4) If you were used to Tenergy and tried H3 you would probably think it felt, slow, dead and that the feeling was muted.

Sometimes you feel a pair of rubbers on one blade and then you feel them on another blade and they feel different. However, they still do the same things they do. The topsheet still grabs in the same way. The sponge still responds in the same way. The setup just feels different than you expected.

If you at first thought that was no good but then played with the setup for several months, and then went back to the old setup, it would likely feel different than you were expecting. And perhaps not as good as you thought it would.

I used to work in this yoga studio that had Hot Yoga. People would walk into the lobby from outside and invariably say, “it’s hot in here.” They would go into the heated yoga room to take the class, and they would say, “it’s hot in here.” After the class They would go out of the yoga room and into the lobby and say, “It’s COLD out here!!!!”

Now, was it hot in the lobby? Or was it cold? Why did they first feel it was hot and later feel it was cold? The temperature in the lobby did not change; But their experience of the temperature did change.

Chinese rubbers work on all blades. And there are many different kinds of “Chinese” rubbers. Which blade will you like best? Which kind of Chinese rubbers would work best for you? The kind that are made to play like spring sponge rubbers? Or semi-tacky? Tacky? Hard sponge? What kinds of blades do you like? All wood? Carbon? Faster? Slower? Harder outer plies? Soft outer plies? Sooooo many variables.

The answers to these questions all come down to personal preference and there really is no such thing as best when it comes to personal taste.

I want a blade that is soft outerply. Limba outerply that has carbon. Not too expensive. Would you give me specific blades?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want a blade that is soft outerply. Limba outerply that has carbon. Not too expensive. Would you give me specific blades?

My this thread is old. I think I made that post at least 2 years ago. :)

Well, I can tell you good blades part of that description:

Butterfly Innerforce ALC or Innerforce Layer ALC. Michael Maze. Marcos Freitas. Any Stiga Carbonato blade.

However, those blades do not fit the description of inexpensive.

Can anyone give options for Yinhe blades that are clones of any of the above and on the not so expensive side?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Best blade for Chinese rubber? One you don't have now. Therefore you are required to buy another one. The Search is eternal.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl