Hello

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Hello, I'm new to TD. My background is in soccer and volleyball. Been playing table tennis at work for about 2 yrs and 1 time at a club. I know I started late but picked it up after losing big time to 70 yr old player. Figured it would be a good sport to stick to for a long time.

Current setup is Xiom Vega Tour with MXP max on backhand and MSX max on forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Welcome to the forum xyzman ! hope you will find many of the discussions interesting and exciting ...
Hello, I'm new to TD. My background is in soccer and volleyball. Been playing table tennis at work for about 2 yrs and 1 time at a club. I know I started late but picked it up after losing big time to 70 yr old player. Figured it would be a good sport to stick to for a long time.

Current setup is Xiom Vega Tour with MXP max on backhand and MSX max on forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Welcome to the amazing sport of table tennis.

I too had lost to very slow but tactical elderlies. Keep up the training and hope you will go from strength to strength.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks guys. I forgot to mention I live in Michigan, USA. I really want to improve just family and 4 kids, 9yrs old to 11 months makes it tough to get good practice in.

BTW SFF_liB he didn't seem slow to me lol.
I too have little kids. I find it hard to improve my game. I can't put in as much time as those in early 20s.

But hey nothing is impossible. I started home gym about 2 years ago. So i can squeeze time out after putting the kids to bed. I focus on footwork training - lateral jump, squat, jump rope etc. Now my footwork is better than most men in their 20s.

But I am a penholder my footwork has to be fast tho

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
I too have little kids. I find it hard to improve my game. I can't put in as much time as those in early 20s.

But hey nothing is impossible. I started home gym about 2 years ago. So i can squeeze time out after putting the kids to bed. I focus on footwork training - lateral jump, squat, jump rope etc. Now my footwork is better than most men in their 20s.

But I am a penholder my footwork has to be fast tho

Passionate about TT

Yea I'm slowly working on footwork training at home as well. I'm trying to learn the footwork patterns and it's really hard to do in match play since it's not automatic yet.