Backhand - Best Chinese Rubber (non tensor)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello i search for a chinese (non tensor) Backhand rubber what do you think is a good solution and do you know some rubbers who are interesting for me, i want to loop with my backhand (agressive style) and backhand flick, short returns are important too. thank you very much

i have these in mind/ want to test these (are the good?):

1) DHS Hurricane 3 neo (national / provincal - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers haifu seamoon
2) DHS Hurricane 3 (national - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers haifu seamoon
3) Yinhe / Galaxy Big Dipper (38 or 40 degree) with 2 layers haifu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello i search for a chinese (non tensor) Backhand rubber what do you think is a good solution and do you know some rubbers who are interesting for me, i want to loop with my backhand (agressive style) and backhand flick, short returns are important too. thank you very much

i have these in mind/ want to test these (are the good?):

1) DHS Hurricane 3 neo (national / provincal - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers haifu seamoon
2) DHS Hurricane 3 (national - orange sponge 40 degree) boostet with 2 layers haifu seamoon
3) Yinhe / Galaxy Big Dipper (38 or 40 degree) with 2 layers haifu
Go for H3 provincial 37-38 degree. You can find it here http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=NEOH3provincialOrange

Leave the neo layer to dry before putting 2 layers of booster oil.

Alternatively, H3-50 37 degree is also a good BH rubber. But it's slower than H3 provincial at the same hardness.

Ma Long uses ~37 degree hardness on BH. 40 degree is quite hard and more suitable for FH.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Astorix
This user has no status.
i totally agree with the previous posts.
i tried the 40 deg. provincial H3 on backhand and it just does not work as good as it does on your fh. Either get H3 in a 37-38 deg range or try a hybrid between euro and chinese rubber.
im currently playing with nittaku fastarc g-1 on my bh and it works really well for me. sure pushes are not as good as with h3 but i can generate a lot more speed and spin with my bh than with a hard h3 40 deg.

This user has no status.
i want to loop with my backhand (agressive style) and backhand flick, short returns are important too.
There are hundreds of rubbers available that can be used for that. I don't know why everyone comes up with such special rubbers, are you all professional players? Boost your rubber, are you serious? If you are that good that it becomes necessary to boost I doubt you would be asking for advice here. So why on Earth would any amateur player do such bs like boosting? Waste of time, waste of money.

To me it sounds like you want a very basic rubber. You live in Germany. I guess and hope you play in a tt club? Ask your team mates then, grab their rackets and play a few minutes with each. You will then find out how some rubbers "might" play. Then buy a random rubber. Joola, Donic, Tibhar, Butterfly whatever. Try it, if you are satisfied keep it, if not change it.

But don't step in with a super-duper-chinese-mega-pro-rubber-boosted-h27-neo-national-nofake-alwayswin-fancycolorsponge-rubber. I read that so often, what makes you guys think that this should be a good idea?

What is your TTR if I may ask?

Oh and there is no such thing as "THE BEST RUBBER FOR XXX". Everyone has different demands, feelings and wishes. Include the hundreds of different blades and you get hundreds or even thousands of different combinations of a setup for "looping, flicking and short game" but definitely not THE BEST.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
There are hundreds of rubbers available that can be used for that. I don't know why everyone comes up with such special rubbers, are you all professional players? Boost your rubber, are you serious? If you are that good that it becomes necessary to boost I doubt you would be asking for advice here. So why on Earth would any amateur player do such bs like boosting? Waste of time, waste of money.

To me it sounds like you want a very basic rubber. You live in Germany. I guess and hope you play in a tt club? Ask your team mates then, grab their rackets and play a few minutes with each. You will then find out how some rubbers "might" play. Then buy a random rubber. Joola, Donic, Tibhar, Butterfly whatever. Try it, if you are satisfied keep it, if not change it.

But don't step in with a super-duper-chinese-mega-pro-rubber-boosted-h27-neo-national-nofake-alwayswin-fancycolorsponge-rubber. I read that so often, what makes you guys think that this should be a good idea?

Oh and there is no such thing as "THE BEST RUBBER FOR XXX". Everyone has different demands, feelings and wishes. Include the hundreds of different blades and you get hundreds or even thousands of different combinations of a setup for "looping, flicking and short game" but definitely not THE BEST.

You don't need to be a Schuhmacher to drive a Ferrari.

Reactions: Gabgrohriel
This user has no status.
You don't need to be a Schuhmacher to drive a Ferrari.
True. But either you will never use the full potential of a Ferrari or you will crash by the attempt. There is nothing wrong with buying a Ferrari just for the sake of owning it, listening to the engine sound and enjoying the ride etc.

The topic creator however, asked for THE BEST rubber for his backhand. He actually wants to perform as good as possible with it. And I can't recommend any of his three proposed options for that purpose. Maybe I am wrong and he is such a good player but unless he tells us his TTR I don't think so.

There are a lot of players in my club that test, buy and play insane rubbers and blades like the ZJK ALC. They don't use that stuff because they are EJs or collectors or anything but because they really think they will perform better with that equipment. Most of them realize that this is the wrong approach and take a few steps back regarding speed and exclusiveness.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

True. But either you will never use the full potential of a Ferrari or you will crash by the attempt. There is nothing wrong with buying a Ferrari just for the sake of owning it, listening to the engine sound and enjoying the ride etc.

The topic creator however, asked for THE BEST rubber for his backhand. He actually wants to perform as good as possible with it. And I can't recommend any of his three proposed options for that purpose. Maybe I am wrong and he is such a good player but unless he tells us his TTR I don't think so.

There are a lot of players in my club that test, buy and play insane rubbers and blades like the ZJK ALC. They don't use that stuff because they are EJs or collectors or anything but because they really think they will perform better with that equipment. Most of them realize that this is the wrong approach and take a few steps back regarding speed and exclusiveness.

Great posts by Xylit. [emoji2]

Best way to tell what will work best for you is to try a lot of different setups. Trying the setups your friends use is a good way to start. A lot of them you will think, “not for me.” Every so often you will think, “wow, this feels great.”

But the interesting thing is, most of us play better in matches with something much more simple than we think we need.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
hi chen chen, I've seen 37 but I've never seen 36 before, can u gimme taobao link?

Sorry, it hasn't been released on the open market yet. Plus I don't get stuff from taobao. Before only player's rubber had that degree rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I suggested TG 3-60 because 1: it's soft 2: it has a little more speed AND catapult than Hurricane 3-50.
Chinese style rubbers are great in backhand flicking and BH looping but they are not so good in BH driving.
Hurricane 37 degree boosted might be good as well (actually great), but it's a mess to get one from china, boost it, reboost it when needed... And it's much more money than TG-3-60 (especially when you want a good booster).
The TG and Hurricane series aren't that different and you can decide if you really want a chinese rubber on your BH side.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

Some of the fun in this game is the aspect of "preparing your weapon". Why would you take that out ? Are you one of those who plays with last year rubbers ?