Aug 2017
email to butterfly.jpg

I am curious also :)
So far no reply.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So today is exactly 10 days since I have sent the email to Butterfly asking if the case with a cardboard is original. They didn't reply. So I think 2 conclusion could be made:
-the case is original, because if it wasn't there were no reasons not to respond..
-their customer care isn't what you could hope for, cause even if they use the cardboard, they could confirm it once they are asked

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So I was a little bit unfaithful and asked if anybody found a cardboard under the foam in mytabletennis forum. One guy checked his aluminum Andro case and found the exact same construction with the same cardboard under the foam.

So the conclusions would be that my butterfly is genuine and it's kind of a common practice to make aluminum cases with cardboard. So they take a cardboard as a frame, add some thin supposedly aluminum (hard to tell without disassembling the case) skin on top to hide the cardboard, attach aluminum sides with cheap plastic corners and glue in the foam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So I was a little bit unfaithful and asked if anybody found a cardboard under the foam in mytabletennis forum. One guy checked his aluminum Andro case and found the exact same construction with the same cardboard under the foam.

So the conclusions would be that my butterfly is genuine and it's kind of a common practice to make aluminum cases with cardboard. So they take a cardboard as a frame, add some thin supposedly aluminum (hard to tell without disassembling the case) skin on top to hide the cardboard, attach aluminum sides with cheap plastic corners and glue in the foam.

smth wrong here. Can't see my post in the forum...