My new table tennis youtube channel!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hey everyone! The past few week I have been posting videos all about tt on youtube. I will upload all the time and have tons of ideas for the future. I will keep updating this thread every time I post a new video. Be sure to check out my videos and share them with your friends and let me know what you think! The quality will get better overtime, I don't have a film making background so I'm still learning new ways to film and edit, thanks so much! Big shout out to Dan for letting me post this topic, you're the man!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Oh hey Keenan! I think I've played with you before in Robert's club in Flushing.

I'm the lefty penholder that's like 2150.

Good luck on your videos. A life of a youtuber is not an easy one

yo David! thanks for commenting, yeah I remember, hopefully I can visit New York again soon it would be fun. check out my other vids and let me know what you think! just trying to spread tt ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hi Keenan

Great that you have started to make videos on youtube. I have my own table tennis youtube channel too, so can share some of my experiences with you. At first it's a lonely experience, as you won't get too many video views. but over time, as you post more (and higher quality) videos and get a better feel for what your audience wants, then you will get more views and subscribers. If you start getting lots of likes and shares, Youtube will start recommending your videos to others and then you will get a lot more views. I do my filming in a sports centre, in a room with a lot of echo. So to improve my sound quality I use a clip on mic. Not very expensive but makes a big difference to the sound. The other thing I have found is that my viewers really like to see demonstrations of what I am talking about. So I think you talk very well in your videos, but you could split up the talk with some video clips of you (or someone else) demonstrating the technique on the table. Finally, I'm no expert on editing software, but the software I use is Adobe Premiere Elements. You can do lots of cool stuff with it (most of which I don't use!). Main thing is to keep persevering. It may take a while to get lots of views for your videos, but keep going and you'll get there.

Tom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi Keenan

Great that you have started to make videos on youtube. I have my own table tennis youtube channel too, so can share some of my experiences with you. At first it's a lonely experience, as you won't get too many video views. but over time, as you post more (and higher quality) videos and get a better feel for what your audience wants, then you will get more views and subscribers. If you start getting lots of likes and shares, Youtube will start recommending your videos to others and then you will get a lot more views. I do my filming in a sports centre, in a room with a lot of echo. So to improve my sound quality I use a clip on mic. Not very expensive but makes a big difference to the sound. The other thing I have found is that my viewers really like to see demonstrations of what I am talking about. So I think you talk very well in your videos, but you could split up the talk with some video clips of you (or someone else) demonstrating the technique on the table. Finally, I'm no expert on editing software, but the software I use is Adobe Premiere Elements. You can do lots of cool stuff with it (most of which I don't use!). Main thing is to keep persevering. It may take a while to get lots of views for your videos, but keep going and you'll get there.

Tom

thanks tom for the advice! looks like your channel is doing well, you keep it up too! ive just always had a lot of ideas for videos in my head that I think would be cool to watch, hopefully ill learn more about editing and all that as I post more. ill make sure to get a mic soon and do more demos, thanks for the tips!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
new video on my channel is out! how to avoid becoming an equipment junkie aka every tt players worst nightmare! check it out and let me know what you think!

new video I up where I attempted to vlog the tournament, let me know what you think! I'm going to a tournament this weekend in New Mexico and will try to do the same but hopefully better! thank for watching!

Great vids Keenan! The audio on your go pro seems a lot better. Do you use a mic for the go pro? You should get some sort of mic for your main camera in your videos. Will make a big difference to the quality of production I think :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Great vids Keenan! The audio on your go pro seems a lot better. Do you use a mic for the go pro? You should get some sort of mic for your main camera in your videos. Will make a big difference to the quality of production I think :)

thanks for the tips Dan, I don't have a mic for the gopro but I just got one for my phone, well see how it works, I definitely need to invest some more into the quality of the videos

Reactions: Chintan Mashroo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
new video on me hitting backhands against multiball! check it out and let me know what I could improve and what you could improve on your backhand! thanks for watching

You have a pretty nice BH. It is interesting though, on most of them, it seems that your feet don’t want to move to the ball and you are leaning towards the left to get your body in position but not moving your feet. The most noticeable one where you are forced to move your feet, you do it late because you have leaned a little too far to the left. So you do a crossover step while contacting the ball.

But then it is clear, from how you reset your feet on that one that, if you were thinking about it, you probably could have moved your feet and reset your feet for each shot.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
You have a pretty nice BH. It is interesting though, on most of them, it seems that your feet don’t want to move to the ball and you are leaning towards the left to get your body in position but not moving your feet. The most noticeable one where you are forced to move your feet, you do it late because you have leaned a little too far to the left. So you do a crossover step while contacting the ball.

But then it is clear, from how you reset your feet on that one that, if you were thinking about it, you probably could have moved your feet and reset your feet for each shot.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

yeah definitely, my footwork is one of the biggest problems in my game. Ive grown about a foot since I started playing a few years ago and I'm still growing. I need to keep going to the gym and doing more footwork practice ;)