Using Chinese rubbers for the first time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Tenergy and ESN rubbers last around the same or they die earlier. These 'it lasts x months' statements are completely wrong. First it depends on how much do you use it (5 hour a week or 20 hour) and what's your level. The better you are you hit stronger and you hit more times in the same 3 hour long session. And finally everyone has different needs, what is worn out for someone it's totally usable for someone else.
I would recommend the provincial too, but for the first time commercial is enough. He will see if he likes tacky rubbers and if not, he didn't lost too much money.

Shining Dragon is said to be chinese but in fact it's non-tacky. No surprise if it lasts for long, because it's topheet doesn't have too much grip, it generates spin from the topsheet's and sponge's elasticity. In that regard it's similar to the Stiga Calibra (or Calibra Tour? don't remember which is which) series.
In general, H3 lasts longer than Tenergy and costs half the price. I have played both.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Actually I have found Yasaka Rising Dragon and Shining Dragon to be the most durable "Chinese" rubber :-D unlike some Euro or Chinese rubbers it has been lasting me more than 1.5 years now!! And no change in performance! Looks brand new too ! [emoji1]

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

Do you see the tacky properties where off quickly? Maybe I'm just accustomed to dhs rubbers but it seemed that way to me. I do agree that the top sheet and Sponge seem very durable on the 3 or 4 different rising dragons rubbers I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Tenergy and ESN rubbers last around the same or they die earlier. These 'it lasts x months' statements are completely wrong. First it depends on how much do you use it (5 hour a week or 20 hour) and what's your level. The better you are you hit stronger and you hit more times in the same 3 hour long session. And finally everyone has different needs, what is worn out for someone it's totally usable for someone else.
I would recommend the provincial too, but for the first time commercial is enough. He will see if he likes tacky rubbers and if not, he didn't lost too much money.

Shining Dragon is said to be chinese but in fact it's non-tacky. No surprise if it lasts for long, because it's topheet doesn't have too much grip, it generates spin from the topsheet's and sponge's elasticity. In that regard it's similar to the Stiga Calibra (or Calibra Tour? don't remember which is which) series.

I am still using Shining Dragon and I tell you it is slightly tacky and not completely non-tacky. On the other hand Rising Dragon was initially slightly tacky but that is now non-tacky after nearly 2 years now. Yasaka Shining and Rising Dragon both have quite grippy topsheets even though they are meant to be more hybrid and not purely Chinese rubber. I can generate very good spin with both and make returns against Tenergy rubber users. [emoji41]

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Is it okay to comment something here? (because of the date)
if it is, can I ask what do you guys think of this combo? for someone who already played with chinese rackets but generic ones
FH: H3 NEO Hard
BH: H3 NEO soft 37'
blade: hurricane 301
what do u guys think?