Sanwei Fextra and Dynamo Blades!

This user has no status.
I want to thank you, yogi_bear. One of the reasons I decided to give a try to the Fextra was your review. And know I have to say I'm very happy with this blade. I glued XVEGA rubbers (Pro on fh and Europa on bh) on it but I had an issue with one of them which started to fray from the very first training session. I contacted the dealer I bought the rubber from and the defective rubber will be replaced. So, no problem with this.
I started other thread asking for a speedy/hard blade for using it with softer rubbers. The rubbers I'm going to use are Yasaka Mark V HPS soft on fh and LKT pro on bh. And... Sanwei Dynamo comes to my mind. Although you mention in your review that Dynamo is slightly slower than Fextra, it is harder. So, you think soft rubbers like the ones I said would fit well with this blade? Thx.

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Think I may be a convert!!

Two good sessions today v a push blocker LP guy and a very fast youthful 20 year old two winged attacker.
Hopefully I can master this blade, it is a beast!

Tenergy 05fx
Spinlord Keiler

fextra 2.jpg
fextra 1.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
its good to see the such good price to performance ratio... but I really cant stand how they can just "borrow" someone else's designs... is it just me?

It's normal. People borrow other people ideas and improve upon them (or shamelessly copy, but those are not bought as often). People started this process when one decided to put fire pit in the whole In the ground. Btw fextra is limba limba ayous ayous ayous ayous limba limba and clipper is limba ayous X5 limba. Do it's similar but different.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have been playing with fextra as my main blade for a few more months now. I seem to be getting better at controlling it, it is wonderful with my spinlord keiler on bh.
It definitely helps when I am the attacking player, and it also loops wonderfully on fh once you get the knack of it.

So after trying loads and loads of blades I have settled on a blade that costs less than £20 direct from Hong Kong.

;);););););););)

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I remember MOG keeps changing his blades but apparently now he settled with Fextra. Good. For you!

I have been trying, but since September I keep coming back to the Fextra. Been playing very well recently too!
A great recommendation from you!!

If you have solved my EJing you can truly be called The MASTER or The WISE ONE!

;)

There is also a Fextra Allround Blade, anyone tried?

It was designed to be an off- blade yet it still has some speed. I think i have a review in the forum for that. It is a slower Petr Korbel blade.

I think what you needed was just time to settle with the blade.

I have been trying, but since September I keep coming back to the Fextra. Been playing very well recently too!
A great recommendation from you!!

If you have solved my EJing you can truly be called The MASTER or The WISE ONE!

;)

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think what you needed was just time to settle with the blade.

Yes I think so. It is a bit fast still, but touch and topspin are definitely getting better with it. And bh pips shots are very good with it.

But like you say needed a while to adjust to it I think.

It is such an excellent blade for short and medium pimples!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the review of the Fextra & Dynamo ..

I got a chance to try-out the Fextra, a while back (even before I read your review) ... I was told that's it's a cheaper Clipper Clone.. A good friend of mine, owns an old'ish clipper, with which I've played a fair-amount.

The overall quality of the Fextra seems pretty decent, considering the price-point .. However, I found it to have fewer similarities to the Clipper, The Fextra, I tried, seemed much lighter..I was told it's around 86gms.. I've never played or seen a Clipper that's less than 91gms (I wish it were) . The light weight, was a plus point for me.. The handle, and overall feel when holding the blade, too seemed different.. The owner of the Fextra claimed that it's faster than the Clipper, but I found it to be the same, or even slower (May have something to do with the rubbers) .. I liked the Fextra for FH Top-psin, but preferred the Clipper for BH Blocks... Ofcourse, all this could be due to the difference in rubbers, and the fact that I've played a lot more with the Clipper.. Anyway, Fextra pretty good blade by itself, and I would not look at it just as a cheap Clipper Clone..

Another Sanwei Blade, I'm much interested in, is the Feather Carbon ... I would really like to know your thought on this blade ..

My only info comes from herehttps://www.spinfactory.de/tischtennis-hoelzer/sanwei-tischtennis-holz-fextra-one.html

I was told by someone from Sanwei that the handle was just redesigned. I like the older one better.

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016