Thickness: 6.02mm
Plies: 7 (limba-ayous)
Speed: Off to Off+
Feel: Medium stiff

oFqtjSk.jpg

xFaCXZM.jpg

seGYSRo.jpg

BewY6rv.jpg

The Fextra at first look can be just dismissed as a cheap cloned blade after the Clipper wood and of course one can see that the handle design really looks like that of a Stiga Carbonado blade! However, the Fextra offers more despite being a cheap blade. It costs only about 34usd but it is surprisingly fast. For me, it seems to be as fast as the Force Pro Black Edition but feels softer on ball impact. It is faster than the Clipper CR and probably as fast as the Clipper CC but with a softer feel. The blade is awesome. Placed a boosted Globe 999 National on it and a player who I gave it to can actually comfortably attack at mid to far distance from the table. Had I placed a Tibhar MX-S on it, it could be even better at far distance. The blade quality is quite good for being a clone and the surface is not rough. The control is good and it provides enough speed and power when attacking. It is also capable of being a looping blade despite being a fast blade. This blade is quite a surprise and this year I think this is the best all wood blade below 40USD in the market today.

Sanwei Dynamo
Weight: 83 grams
Thickness: 7.02mm
Plies: 5 (wenge-spruce-kiri)
Speed: Off
Feel: Stiff

zUAQnjk.jpg

NOVcXMx.jpg

6Ra5zux.jpg

nB8rXM6.jpg

The Dynamo is another surprisingly good blade. It is a beautifully made blade. The dark wenge outer plies goes in contrast with the light kiri and spruce layers. The Dynamo is a light blade. I think the blade has a weight range of about 81-85 grams. I got the 83 gram one. I tried a long pip rubber and inverted rubbers on it and it is a good all around attacking blade. You can use it as a combi blade with an LP on one side and with inverted rubber on the other side. I have not tried any SP or MP rubbers but I do think they would also play well. I used also both euro and chinese rubbers on this blade and I am all praises. Speedwise, I would rate it slower than the FExtra. Probably on the level of Tibhar Stratus Powerwood but feels harder and stiffer. I find it better smashing and loop driving than doing slow and spinny loops but with the right rubber this can also be a looping blade. This is better as a mid-distance or close to the table blade. I say this is a good all-around style blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I've read somewhere that Sanwei Dynamo might be a Nexy Higgs clone. Do you know if they play similar? Both have Wenge outer plies, tough Higgs has burned core and Dynamo doesn't...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I just noticed that Sanwei added quite a lot of information to this page about the structure of the Fextra and the design goals:
http://www.sanweisport.com/english/?p=2523

There's more to it, but here is an intriguing part of the story:

Clipper style blades are normally Outer [Limba]-Support [Ayous]- Core [Ayous-Ayou-Ayous]- Support [Ayous]- Outer[Limba]. Same for the Force Pro Black.

Avalox P700 is a little different AFAIK, using meranti instead of ayous as the supporting layer. Outer [Limba]-Support [Meranti]- Core [Ayous-Ayou-Ayous]- Support [Meranti]- Outer[Limba]

Extra uses Limba as support layer. Outer [Limba]-Support [Limba]- Core [Ayous-Ayou-Ayous]- Support [Limba]- Outer[Limba]

Limba and meranti are both harder, and about 1.5 times stiffer than ayous (depending on the varieties and the pieces of wood, it can be more.)

The Fextra is also thinner, as Yogi pointed out. I wonder just what difference the supporting Limba layer makes..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
it makes the korbel faster with double limba outer compared to a offensive classic. maybe that is the basis for the fextra.

That makes sense, that together with the thinner overall structure. I guess the question becomes what happens when you use a faster outer ply + support ply combo with a thinner - so slower - core.

I wish I could find more info on the construction of the Avalox P700. From what I’ve seen fextra might be closer to the p700 than to the clipper..