Balls Current Pricing

Here the price of DHS 3* D40+ is 1.3 usd per ball.
The price of the seamless 3* balls like Xushaofa, Xiom etc., is 1.3-1.4 usd per ball.
Previously we had a very bad experience with the DHS D40+ balls in the club, may be because of the lot, it was discussed that some parcells were tragic.
From time to time we try some ABS balls in the club, some are good, some are bad, but I still can't find a ball as good as the seamless. All of the seamed balls have at least 20% problems with the shape and 2 out 10 directly go to garbafe. This makes them 20% more expensive just from th begining. The rest 8 balls will play max 2 months, a week for a ball max. A pack of 6 seamless will do for a year - 2 months per ball. That makes the seamless 6 times cheaper, plus a better performance.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Here the price of DHS 3* D40+ is 1.3 usd per ball.
The price of the seamless 3* balls like Xushaofa, Xiom etc., is 1.3-1.4 usd per ball.
Previously we had a very bad experience with the DHS D40+ balls in the club, may be because of the lot, it was discussed that some parcells were tragic.
From time to time we try some ABS balls in the club, some are good, some are bad, but I still can't find a ball as good as the seamless. All of the seamed balls have at least 20% problems with the shape and 2 out 10 directly go to garbafe. This makes them 20% more expensive just from th begining. The rest 8 balls will play max 2 months, a week for a ball max. A pack of 6 seamless will do for a year - 2 months per ball. That makes the seamless 6 times cheaper, plus a better performance.

I must say that experience differ a lot. From my 140 D40+ balls zero cracks in 3 months. Yes, I do play in small club (2 sessions per week when out of season) and it's mostly minor league players so we don't care so much about the roundness. But ABS seamed balls are at least on par with Xushaofa seamless in shape and with half the price (through TTnPP or similar seller) and basically no loss it seems to be winner for us. If it has quality issues when you have high ball rotation (when running the gym whole afternoon and evening every day on 4+ tables with several hundreds of balls per month) that's a pity but I can confirm neither from my experience nor from other players I talk to here.
I

Reactions: Suga D

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I thought the 40+ balls were supposed to be seamless. The link points to seamed balls.

The Best 40+ balls have a seam.

It's still to be seen if "the best" 40+ plastic balls are with seam but it's true that DHS/DoubleFish new material (DHS calling it "ABS") are harder yet maintaining bounce and roundness to be loved by many and at least tolerated by the rest. And because of DHS marketing power through ITTF it's now official ball of World Tour + WTTC + OG so many people switched to them as "new standard" since mid of 2017. There are other seamed alternatives like Butterfly or Nittaku and while Kingnik/Xushaofa factory still produces seamless balls for many brands (and they even got certified some new version recently at ITTF) DHS/DF feeds most of big brands like Donic, Stiga, Joola, Tibhar with ABS based seamed balls so it looks like most of the people are or will use these in the near future. Even if you hate DHS ABS balls (e.g. because of the sound or because you claim they feels too hard) it's clear that durability has improved a lot over old DHS 40+ plastic balls (called by many people "the worst competition TT balls in the history";)

I must say that experience differ a lot. From my 140 D40+ balls zero cracks in 3 months. Yes, I do play in small club (2 sessions per week when out of season) and it's mostly minor league players so we don't care so much about the roundness. But ABS seamed balls are at least on par with Xushaofa seamless in shape and with half the price (through TTnPP or similar seller) and basically no loss it seems to be winner for us. If it has quality issues when you have high ball rotation (when running the gym whole afternoon and evening every day on 4+ tables with several hundreds of balls per month) that's a pity but I can confirm neither from my experience nor from other players I talk to here.
I

Well, previously I have discussed it here that may be there is some difference in the quality of different balls and brands here and in other regions, as well as different price policy, but thats another story.
What I say is my personal long term experience, same as the experience of many players around me too, and its mainly based on playing with personal balls, and playing with one ball, not multiballing.
Multiball is very different. With multiballing every single ball will have 5-10, or even 20 times more useble life, counting its active play only, as every ball accumulates much less heat and material fatigue. In my club we use different cheap seamed balls for multiball sessions and 1* seamless balls for the robots. We have 2 robots and they are a very good testing device for the ball shape and consistency. Seamed balls go out of the robot with unconsistent speed, trajectory, placement and temp, or just don't pass. About breakability - the usual case to brake a multiball is to step on it, rather than to break it in play, thats true, but we can't start with 140 balls and end with 140 after a month, what to say about 3 months. With 11 tables, 30 children and about 100 players at least 20 of the cub's balls go to the garbage every week, maybe more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Will you know from where can I get an orange *** 40+ ball, new material (ABS)

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=530327710972&skuId=3296577416631

orange.jpg

BE HAPPY.

Here is Entry for the public not logged for Taobao.
https://webcache.googleusercontent....&gl=ru&lr=lang_en|lang_ru&skuId=3296577416631

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews