Chinese Table Tennis Super League to exclude Japanese players!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Since Hirano won the Asia championship and later lost multiple times to some Chinese players, many Chinese TT fans took no time to humiliate and poke fun at her. I just laugh at such childish behavior. Now the Chinese TT committee is so afraid of her in the 2020 Olympics that they exclude her from playing in their Super League. I'd say they, too, are coward and childish.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Dont think it is so bad after all. I mean if you let competing country train/play with you and unlock all your secrets, there is no point in doing so. Case of once bitten twice shy !!!

Except that almost every significant sports league in the world has foreign players. Think of the NBA, the English Premier League, and pretty much every other TT league in the world, just to name a few. Do you think Americans are afraid of "revealing their secrets" by having Pau Gasol in the NBA? Of course not. And what secrets are we talking about?Worse, this is bad for Chinese fans, who enjoyed watching foreign players TT in their league. I am pretty sure this is a high level decision, above the CTTA, and probably comes from the Maoists running the GSA in China -- who are morons (and there are so many making decisions in the world today).

Here is the irony. Nobody who knows anything about TT or follows it closely thinks the Chinese TT coaches and players are afraid of Miu Hirano anymore. They studied her closely and she has not won a significant match against a CNT player since. Ishikawa is talented and fun to watch but has never managed to become a real threat.

At this point it is 2017. The anti-Japanese sentiment should be getting pretty outdated by now.

Reactions: tropical
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
The Chinese have a what I call inferior/superior complex toward other nations. They consider themselves the super center nation so they never forget the humiliation of being invaded by other surrounding belittled countries. They continue to play big deal on anything about the Japanese and I feel so sorry for them as they can't outgrow the Japanese ghost shadow.

In the Hirano case, the same anti-Japanese sentiment happened when she beat 3 Chinese top players. It was a formidable task and we all admired Hirano for such. But they found her weaknesses and lately beat her multiple times. Be more mature, tolerant, merciful so that we look at you as a hero instead of an ugly monster!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The Chinese have a what I call inferior/superior complex toward other nations. They consider themselves the super center nation so they never forget the humiliation of being invaded by other surrounding belittled countries. They continue to play big deal on anything about the Japanese and I feel so sorry for them as they can't outgrow the Japanese ghost shadow.

In the Hirano case, the same anti-Japanese sentiment happened when she beat 3 Chinese top players. It was a formidable task and we all admired Hirano for such. But they found her weaknesses and lately beat her multiple times. Be more mature, tolerant, merciful so that we look at you as a hero instead of an ugly monster!

Yes I too think it is related to Japan. Many of my chinese friends swear that they can not forgive or forget Japanese misdeeds from WW2. It is a country wide sentiment.If it would have been someone from european countries , China would have been more tolerant. Timo and Dima used to play in the league.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I blame Great Britain. :)

No, seriously, we came second in the medal table in Rio, which was a shock to many people (including me. For most of my life GB got 5 gold medals at the Olympics). I can see this as a problem for the Chinese Government, who can barely live with being number 2 to the USA. To be beaten by a little has-been nation of 60 million people...heads had to roll. Let's not even consider the fact that CNT did fabulously well in Rio. Because, erm.....because.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the actual Chinese National Team. They are not scared of anyone. If you want to see the future of table tennis, look at Sun Ying Sha and Fan ZhenDong and a bunch of kids we've never heard of who will hit 16 in the next few years. I hate to say it, but I think the Japanese push their kids too hard, putting 13 year olds into senior competition. The Chinese model generally holds them back until they reach 16, and this pays dividends. The only thing that can hold them back is their own stupid government. A bit like the rest of us, when you come to think of it.