New products - Gewo Nanoflex FT KR, Yoo Nam Kyu blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Gewo Nanoflex FT KR

nano flex ynk.jpg

Nanoflex FT topsheet + Hype KR Pro (Yoo Nam Kyu) sponge (47.5 degree)

will be released in December

Gewo Yoo Nam Kyu Blades

(Pics are not yet available)

Hinoki blade(penhold)

Hinoki carbon blade

ALC blade

ALC+Hinoki carbon blade(Front side ALC, back side Hinoki carbon)

will be released in October

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah ;)

But on second thought, there is a 48 degree version of Nanoflex already, what difference will the Hype sponge make?

That's exactly why I would like a review. I'm playing that version (which is an awesome, albeit widely overlooked and probably grossly underrated rubber) and am wondering how one would improve upon near-perfection.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
According to the Korean distributor of Gewo, this Nanoflex FT KR generates more spin and feels softer than FT48.

Mmhh - the same topsheet on a sponge with the same hardness feels softer ...
If it´s going to be out in Germany I´ll try it out of curiousity. If it´s a Korean exclusive I think I might not ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
There are not many reviews of YNK88 on Korean TT forums yet, but I can share some common points on it.

Never have I ever played both rubbers, but all the reviews considered, YNK88 will be suitable for someone who felt Hype KR lacks catapault and spin, and for someone who felt Nanoflex FT48 lacks control in short games.

Here is a video clip of YNK testing it, and it seeems the throw is medium(slightly higher than Hype KR). Also YNK is repeating that it is very controllable.

With the grippy topsheet of FT48 and marginally softer sponge of Hype KR, YNK88 will lie somewhere between them.

So it can either be a good substitute for them, or new moderate rubber enough for general usage.

+YNK blades will be on the market next month. Then I will share pics.

Last edited: