Who do you think will win the World Cup 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Timo Boll

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

• Simon Gauzy

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Timo, Timo, Timo!

UNREAL!!! Timo Boll defeats Ma Long in an insane 7 set thriller! History has been made!!!

22540123_10155298459644332_4506897086599143642_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well this was unexpected. Surely Timo deserves credit, but would this have happened with LGL in the corner?

The CNT looks like a basket case at the moment and ML looked wobbly under pressure, but Timo played some of the best stuff I've ever seen him play to apply that pressure so I'm not going to second guess it. Some of his backhands were so good it's hard to put into words.

Administrator
Oct 2010
BOOM! A right handed Timo!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F1954997457863581%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

This user has no status.
I don't think MA Long was injured but he wasn't at his best, especially mentally. In the 6th and 7th he made unusual mistakes. I think he's always been quite afraid of Boll, even at the WTTC2017 he had some luck to make it easier to close it 4-2. This time Boll had a lot of unreal reaction shots and that affected MA Long's confidence.

Come on Timo !!!! it would be a pity if he doesn't win this tournament after winning against the 2 Chinese

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I don’t think so. At some level, it’s highly important for Ma Long to win.

He is untouchable while on top, but I don’t think the loss of face China was perceived to suffer when Dima took the China Open title in an all-foreign final after the CNT top 3 forfeited has been forgotten. The one thing between punishment and stay of execution is to stay top dog.

That’s pressure there, especially with his birthday serving to remind that he’s getting to be old for a CNT #1. You may well call these pressures strong motivation.

So I think we will see a highly focused and razorsharp dragon in action today. Should Timo overcome, that would be quite a feat — and maybe also the onset of Ma Long’s retirement, probably followed promptly by a quick and sharp fall from grace.

He deserves better, much better, but history doesn’t quite smell like roses in these matters.
Take that back, Timo has done it ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
My wild prediction - All german final. Dima lifts the cup. Beginning of the end of chinese domination.

You might well be right!!!! All depends on Gauzy!!

I would love to see a multi-polar world in TT. At least countries outside China would start investing more in TT because China is no longer dominating.