Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

This user has no status.
Hi Chen Chen! Nice thread :)
1. I am just wondering what FH rubbers the Women use and why (if you know).
2. Wondering if you know any players using Haifu Blue Whale 2?
3. Does anyone use Skyline TG3 NEO? Wondering why it seems as though they are not popular at all and the price seems lower on some websites compared to H3 NEO

This user has no status.
Hi, Chen Chen can you tell me if this blade is a real National W968?
And what is the different between W968 2017 FangBo and W968 2017 MaLong?
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-14 at 9.59.40 AM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-16 at 4.16.56 PM.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Reactions: Suga D
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Hi Chen Chen! Nice thread :)
1. I am just wondering what FH rubbers the Women use and why (if you know).
2. Wondering if you know any players using Haifu Blue Whale 2?
3. Does anyone use Skyline TG3 NEO? Wondering why it seems as though they are not popular at all and the price seems lower on some websites compared to H3 NEO

1. You mean Chinese national women's team? If so, most of them are using hurricane orange sponge, but Liushiwen, Zhuyulin and Wangmanyue are using blue sponge I guess. It depends on your style and what blade they uses.
2. Yes, Liujikang is using this rubber, he is sponsored by them
3. Skyline series is designed for penhold players before, for example, Malin used skyline 2 and Wanghao used skyline 3, Xuxin used skyline 2 before, I think he switched to hurricane 3 now. It is more and more difficult for pen hold player against shake hand player these days since ITTF made the ball even bigger to size 40+, more and more pen hold players play like shake hand player. Also with the technique developing, in some ways, which makes the games much simpler than before. Skiline is always not popular compare to hurricane.

Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

Reactions: fais and Suga D
Oct 2015
Hi, Chen Chen can you tell me if this blade is a real National W968?
And what is the different between W968 2017 FangBo and W968 2017 MaLong?
View attachment 14707

View attachment 14708

Nice one. Hope you like the blade.

This one looks decent to me. Not a big fan of that pink red color. Haha...

Those two have the same composition. Since 2016 version, normal national version has small head size, but depends on the batch. Some batch will have big head size I found out. Personal blade has bigger head size as well.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
1. You mean Chinese national women's team? If so, most of them are using hurricane orange sponge, but Liushiwen, Zhuyulin and Wangmanyue are using blue sponge I guess. It depends on your style and what blade they uses.
2. Yes, Liujikang is using this rubber, he is sponsored by them
3. Skyline series is designed for penhold players before, for example, Malin used skyline 2 and Wanghao used skyline 3, Xuxin used skyline 2 before, I think he switched to hurricane 3 now. It is more and more difficult for pen hold player against shake hand player these days since ITTF made the ball even bigger to size 40+, more and more pen hold players play like shake hand player. Also with the technique developing, in some ways, which makes the games much simpler than before. Skiline is always not popular compare to hurricane.

Hope this helps. Cheers. :)

In addition to Chen Chen, Chen Meng is also using blue sponge H3. You need more strength to use Blue sponge rubbers due to its hardness.

Xu Xin is still using Skyline 2, he changed his blade to get more speed due to the new ball.

here is a picture of his rubber.

IMG_1071.jpg

Courtesy of weibo CTTSL

This user has no status.
In addition to Chen Chen, Chen Meng is also using blue sponge H3. You need more strength to use Blue sponge rubbers due to its hardness.

Xu Xin is still using Skyline 2, he changed his blade to get more speed due to the new ball.

View attachment 14719

Courtesy of weibo CTTSL

oh wow interesting. Thanks for the replies guys :)
I have actually never tried TG2, I am curious why he chose TG2 over TG3. I thought TG2 is more for closer table play like the old Ma Lin kind of game? He also uses Orange sponge right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
oh wow interesting. Thanks for the replies guys :)
I have actually never tried TG2, I am curious why he chose TG2 over TG3. I thought TG2 is more for closer table play like the old Ma Lin kind of game? He also uses Orange sponge right?

Xu Xin is using Skyline 2 with blue sponge. I know the pimple structure are different between 2 and 3. TG2 is more spin oriented than 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Oh sorry I had another question. Again about the Women's team. National, provincial, amateur and all really. Do they boost? Compared to the men?
If they don't then why? Would it be because they play closer to the table, or they don't hit as hard?
I am quite sure they boost. They do it to get more spin and speed out of the rubber. How much is a personal preference.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

View attachment 14719

Courtesy of weibo CTTSL

What blade is he using now?