Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I was looking for the provincial 729 Battle II blue sponge players version at ProTT's website and accidentally bumped into this here. Couldn't believe it! They really sell the Incaria or was it the Visfinity? Anyway, it looks really made professionally. Wonder how that worked out. Did STIGA ask BTY to produce a Visc without handle? Wouldn't be the first time that they have been working together. (I've seen BTY blades from the seventies carrying the three crowns at the handle bottom.)
20180611105336784.jpg
https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=VS

For only fourhundred bucks it's almost a 'steal *cough-cough*
[EDIT: would luv to see Dan and Tom review this here though]

[Emoji6]

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls and JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Then was this made privately by proTT or in their name without both other companies knowing of this, or knowing but not caring?
Sorry, but to me that just doesn't sound like the company Butterfly we all know.
Hi SD. Anyone with a bit of craftsmanship can make a Visfinity. I have done one myself with great result. But surely is it not a co-op that is meant to be sold commercially.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi SD. Anyone with a bit of craftsmanship can make a Visfinity. I have done one myself with great result. But surely is it not a co-op that is meant to be sold commercially.

Thanks GT,
You're probably right. Still it really looks professionally crafted.
But i remember your experiment and yours looks made professionally too.
For a while I have been thinking about doing a project with a Viscaria blade. Today I received some tools which I needed to be able to do it. Thanks to Der_Echt and his many beast mode projects I know what to do and how to do it.

Many ppl of TTD and MyTT have assumed that the Viscaria is a WRB blade like other ALC blades from butterfly. Myth is busted. The newest Viscarias are solid as a rock!

More to come when I am progressing my project.

View attachment 13998

Edit:

So I proceeded my Project and it involved a Stiga Infinity blade I have gotten from China. This blade has hollow handle caps but no WRB cut in the blade it self. The size of the cut out is approx. 31x18mm. I forgot to measure the depth, but a wild guess would be that is was 3-5mm. I didn't was the WRB feeling for so I decided to fill up the caps with plastic wood which you can buy in every home depo. I did want to put nails or metal clamps inside due to I wanted to hit a weight around the 90g. (sorry Der_Echt).

View attachment 14030

View attachment 14031

View attachment 14032

View attachment 14033

Here are the result of my project. Enjoy :)

View attachment 14034

View attachment 14035

View attachment 14036

View attachment 14038

View attachment 14039

View attachment 14040

View attachment 14041

View attachment 14042

So most likely you're right, but as i wrote it wouldn't be the first time these two companies co-operate, so it would be nice if someone official from BTY or STIGA (or maybe even somebody sponsored by one of these two companies like Dan) would say/write something.
But anyhow, i remember your photos looking quite professional too, so i really think you guys could be right.
Thanks again for reminding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giangt and bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Now I wonder if Xu Xin's new blade is just a DHS N301 with stiga dynasty handle.
I think the certainty is that it isn't a N301 is high due to it is a outer carbon blade he is using. There has been a few pictures from the WT where it was obvious to see the ALC layer wasn't there.

Xuxin is using a custom made stiga dynasty (top ply is koto). The top ply of commercial version selling on the market is limba.
I don't know where you have your knowledge from, but Stiga is clearly state that the out ply is koto.

https://www.stigatabletennis.com/tt_eu/dynasty-carbon-xu-xin-edition-table-tennis-blade

Giangt, that is also what i thought but when I saw my own special edition dynasty it looks like it is limba and not koto. The lines from a limba blade is very obvious even it is colored. I will need to clarify this with Stiga first.

I think the certainty is that it isn't a N301 is high due to it is a outer carbon blade he is using. There has been a few pictures from the WT where it was obvious to see the ALC layer wasn't there.

I don't know where you have your knowledge from, but Stiga is clearly state that the out ply is koto.

https://www.stigatabletennis.com/tt_eu/dynasty-carbon-xu-xin-edition-table-tennis-blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Giangt, that is also what i thought but when I saw my own special edition dynasty it looks like it is limba and not koto. The lines from a limba blade is very obvious even it is colored. I will need to clarify this with Stiga first.
I believe it is true that it is koto. Why should a company lie about such a thing when they are giving a specific detail about their product?

Last edited: