Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Hello, can you tell me why Huricane with 2.1mm is best choice?Thank you

Because people usually boost Hurricane and boosting will increase the thickness which might exceed the 4mm restriction (rubber + sponge + the adhesive materials). So 2.1mm is less risky than 2.15mm or 2.2mm for exceeding the limit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Because people usually boost Hurricane and boosting will increase the thickness which might exceed the 4mm restriction (rubber + sponge + the adhesive materials). So 2.1mm is less risky than 2.15mm or 2.2mm for exceeding the limit.

Hi Jacky, Thank you for your information, so far i'm using 2.2mm and boosted it then put a lot of glue, over 10 layers, it help increasing the speed of H3, feeling softer, but it is heavier, less spin in looping and serving . so i did wrong?

Please tell me. Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
They are saying that it is similar to W968 but the surface on the backhand side is koto instead of limba. They said Wang Yidi and maybe Li Jiayi are using W965. So looks like ZYL too.

Thank you very much indeed!!! The blade is quite interesting. Wang Manyu is using too, I guess.
王曼昱W965-190925S.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Hi Jacky, Thank you for your information, so far i'm using 2.2mm and boosted it then put a lot of glue, over 10 layers, it help increasing the speed of H3, feeling softer, but it is heavier, less spin in looping and serving . so i did wrong?

Please tell me. Thank you

It is very personal and no right or wrong. And many players who don’t play formal tournaments which will measure the rubber thickness using device, they don’t care about exceeding the limit or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Should be Koto
hey G_ZHANG, can you recommend me to choose a cheap blade in China have inner carbon and limba outer and have good feeling? Such as DHS blades :Fangbo Carbon X ( I had played with Fang bo carbon but it 's too vibrate and very hard to control), Yinhe blades, Sword ... or Sanwei SW968. Tks very much..

Er sorry, I don't know much about the low end side. Haven't played those yet
hey G_ZHANG, can you recommend me to choose a cheap blade in China have inner carbon and limba outer and have good feeling? Such as DHS blades :Fangbo Carbon X ( I had played with Fang bo carbon but it 's too vibrate and very hard to control), Yinhe blades, Sword ... or Sanwei SW968. Tks very much..

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
In fact, quite a lot of the Chinese women team players changed their blades in the recent months.

DN: changed from Ebenholz to Apolonia ZLC

CM: change from Carbonado 45 to another blade, not sure what is it

WMY: changed from Viscaria to ZJK ALC

ZYL: changed from Carbonado 45 to W968 to a BTY special blade to W968 again, then to W965?

CXT: changed from Viscaria to Harimoto ALC

Reactions: FIXPOINT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi look for DHS PG5 which the cheaper version of HL5.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
@Chen Chen a most informative thread! But for me there is a question how to continue with Chinese rubbers. I currently found a nice setup with H8 on a powerful 5 ply blade (Stiga Exclusive). But. The H8 is heavy and total weight is ≈199g. The blade is 91g so each cut sheet of rubber is 54g. It would be nice to have something a little lighter. I realize H3 is slower than H8 unless you boost. But I hate the smell of booster, including factory booster. H3 Neo absolutely stinks. H8 on the other hand doesn’t stink, plays well, but is heavy.

Here is the question then.

Is it possible to put together some lighter combo of unboosted H3 (say provincial blue sponge on FH and provincial orange sponge at 37-38 hardness on BH) that would play well? Or are those rubbers designed to be boosted and the whole idea is moot? Or is 199g totally fine and I should just stick with it?

I’m still a developing player and don’t mind working a bit to build technique, as long as the setup makes sense.

Last edited: