Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Yes, their clothes are sometimes replicas but they are open about it. Rubbers etc are genuine.

Thanks for your help. Some of the prices on prott are quite good now.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I wonder why H3 Neo in 36-38 degrees is so rare, kind of hard to find. Is the 39 degrees version not still too hard for the common amateur player? I heard many provincial male players use 38 on FH and women 36-37

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You mean 36-38 degrees for fh rubber? I don't believe 39 is too hard if you boost it. I use 41 degree boosted and it works :) You could use the red 37 degree for fh of course.

I wonder why H3 Neo in 36-38 degrees is so rare, kind of hard to find. Is the 39 degrees version not still too hard for the common amateur player? I heard many provincial male players use 38 on FH and women 36-37

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Yes but I wanted to fish some before making sure :)

No i didn t mean to troll, i just got it all mixed up. i was just checking tons of different blades and i made a mistake ... twice...
I meant the actual difference between hl5 and w968. the material? the way it was made ? someone said faster, so there must be a reason why it is faster . thanks for the replies.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
No i didn t mean to troll, i just got it all mixed up. i was just checking tons of different blades and i made a mistake ... twice...
I meant the actual difference between hl5 and w968. the material? the way it was made ? someone said faster, so there must be a reason why it is faster . thanks for the replies.

Ah, i see. No worries. Stuff like that happens.

Anyways, there already have been multiple threads around this topic, so i will post a link to one of the more recent ones and quote a few posts to contribute to the clarification, but Chen Chen and G_Zhang or GiangT should be able to help out here.
[Emoji2]

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...4-W968-vs-Hurricane-Long-5-commercial-version

Hello all.
Happy new year.
Sorry for later reply.

As I wrote earlier, it's my first W968 (provincial version, letters) which was ordered from ProTT.
To compare I bought from Chen Chen (thanks for him for good service).

W968 (provincial version aka W968 letters) from Chen Chen weighs 90gr, and thickness is 6.01mm, which corresponds to the info card in blade box.
I plan to glue the blade from Chen Chen in about 2 months, and there will be information to comparison.

From ProTT anti-counterfeiting code was already opened, about it ProTT warned me before buying.
But, If anti-counterfeiting code was checked earlier, in second try, DHS web site only response, that this code was already checked.
And when I try to check this code, DHS web site response me same information, that the code was already checked.

I do not want to say that ProTT sell fake blades, I just don't know how to detect W968 legit or not legit.
So I created this thread.

In blade from Chen Chen anti-counterfeiting code has not been opened, and checking in DHS web site response me that product is legit.

I'm playing ProTT version now.
W968 prov version slower than HL5, and have more control.
It took about 1.5 months since I started playing on W968, and yesterday I try to play HL5 with the same rubbers.
And I more pleased to play at W968, it has more control, more feeling, HL5 is stiffer and faster.

W968 is easier to use.

Also, next time, I plan to use varnish (lacquer) to protect blade.
Because the surface of DHS blades (W968 also HL5) deteriorates during the removal of the rubbers.

Please, share info, who uses what varnish (lacquer).

1std photo blade from Chen Chen weighs 90gr, thickness 6.01mm
2nd photo blade from ProTT weighs 92gr, thickness 6.03mm (old photo, when I just received blade, in a protective film, it was new)
3rd photo actual photo of blade from ProTT, I'm playing on it, so it's dirty :)

View attachment 18172

I have played two 968s and a few HL5 commercial. You at right. HL5 is stiffer and 968 has softer feel and more control. And when topspin with big power, 968 can generate more spin and speed. For HL5, ball bounce off the blade a bit faster, so the ceiling for HL5 is lower than 968.

But for some “old” HL5, e.g. some of the early version with printing on the blade and larger head size. Some of those has similar feeling as 968. But not all of those. The feeling varies a lot for those early HL5s.

Originally posted by Chen Chen said:
Hi MegaZZ,

Thank you for your message.

DHS did make some changes on W968 with the date starts 2016xxxx compare with older W968 and W997:
1. Heading size of the blade is smaller (158/159 mm*150 mm)
2. Handle is thicker and a bit heavier, suitable for the people who has bigger palm
3. A lazer sticker on the handle

After a couple of sessions, as far as I understood from the No.1 and 2 changes, it makes the balance of the blade better (towards central) + Holding a thicker handle feels nicer.

One thing I need to mention here is that DHS changed the whole packaging and serial number of W968 since December 2016. Photos are attached below.

New version W968
Name: DSC_0348.jpg
Views: 252
Size: 106.3 KBName: DSC_0398.jpg
Views: 254
Size: 91.5 KBName: DSC_0402.jpg
Views: 255
Size: 91.2 KB

Old version W968
Name: DSC_0437.jpg
Views: 249
Size: 94.1 KBName: DSC_0442.jpg
Views: 254
Size: 92.0 KB

About the serial number (old version W968) , the date stopped in May 2016 I think. So you could find one from 201601xx to 201605xx. It is not easy to get hold of old version one now.

By the way, the replica version of W997 was all over the place at that time, the first batch serial number always starts with 20140310 xx. Then DHS stopped making W997 in 2014, due to the fact that Malong made his mind on W968 after testing W997 properly at world team championship 2014 in Japan . But I heard some news that DHS will start to make W997 again soon, which is really good news for the amateur players I guess.

Hope the information above is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last quote was taken from this thread here

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ment-(rubbers-and-blades)&p=186028#post186028

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
We could my dad sir, but I'm Suga D.
[Emoji2]
Glad i could be helpful.
Have a good one, buddy.

Since you seem to know pretty much and i am quite new to the scene, do mind if i asked why the zjk super zlc is so expensive yet no one seem to play with it and much cheaper models like the viscaria or the innerforce are much more popular

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Since you seem to know pretty much and i am quite new to the scene, do mind if i asked why the zjk super zlc is so expensive yet no one seem to play with it and much cheaper models like the viscaria or the innerforce are much more popular

Nah, what i know is that i don't know a lot at all. There are people that know a lot more than i do, but nevertheless i still will add my 2ct.

I think you've given one of the reasons for this yourself.
See, not everyone likes to cough up 300 bucks for a blade.
More expensive doesn't always necessarily mean better. That being said, better for what?
An adult beginner that wants to get better can find less expensive blades that are better suiting for a developing player. A young beginner might adapt sooner to the blade, but still there are blades that would fit better.
And an advanced player that already has the basics down doesn't really need a blade with such a huge sweet spot plus ZLC is generally not a cheap material, so blades that are less expensive would do the job too, if not better IMHO.

But that's just my personal opinion, so rather take this with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yung-Zion
Super zlc is super stiff and bouncy. The dwell time is short therefore less control. It's good at medium power range, such as blocking and amateur hit-based spin. But it reacts very bad with full power stroke like the pros usually do. Because the dwell time is so short, the ball bounce off the blade before you finish the full stroke.

That's why pro players would want something with less speed and stiffness, but with a decent control. A good balance between speed and control is essential. That's why blades like viscaria and innerforce series are so popular.

Last edited:
Another possible reason it's more expensive is because they can market it as a 'super' blade and then charge a 'super' price. I've played with several super zlcs and their sweetspot is very good but their speed and stiffness are just too much for most people to handle including pros so forget lame fish like me. I will say though that there are a decent number of people who do buy the blade at the beginner level because they think the blade will help them play better and due to the high speed and big sweetspot it does help them out with getting the ball onto the the other side of the table. Of course, as the level goes up then they realize its hard to loop or hit hard in general with such a fast blade. Then there's also some players who are older and can't move and hit the ball as hard so a blade like this helps them out (From what I've seen at a few clubs it is the older guys using it though that could just be cuz they got the cash for such a blade). Oh and there is one pro who I know of who uses the blade: Wong Chun Ting.

Reactions: fais
I think Wong Chun Ting is using ZJK ALC?
https://en.butterflymag.com/2016/11/the-wong-chun-ting-story/

Another possible reason it's more expensive is because they can market it as a 'super' blade and then charge a 'super' price. I've played with several super zlcs and their sweetspot is very good but their speed and stiffness are just too much for most people to handle including pros so forget lame fish like me. I will say though that there are a decent number of people who do buy the blade at the beginner level because they think the blade will help them play better and due to the high speed and big sweetspot it does help them out with getting the ball onto the the other side of the table. Of course, as the level goes up then they realize its hard to loop or hit hard in general with such a fast blade. Then there's also some players who are older and can't move and hit the ball as hard so a blade like this helps them out (From what I've seen at a few clubs it is the older guys using it though that could just be cuz they got the cash for such a blade). Oh and there is one pro who I know of who uses the blade: Wong Chun Ting.

Reactions: M.Hoang