Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

Well i'm also not Chen Chen, but maybe I can help.

My National rubbers have the black code box, whereas my provincial ones got the white one.

Also, here i will quote a few posts covering this topic.

Type in the code here:
http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml

[EDIT: tiny correction. One of my National H3N with orange sponge also got the white barcode label.
Only my bluesponge ones got the black box.]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQYzzfghjuR/

Thanks Suga, that's very helpful.

Chenchen, can you please clarify the barcode / black box?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I know you were asking Chen Chen the question, but I will go ahead and answer. I would not recommend you to buy a preassembled racket. You can get great custom made setups for decent price which is a lot better that the preassembled ones. If you want something from DHS the Power G series are among the cheapest ones and they play great as well.

Hi
Thanks for taking some of your time to answer me.

Ive been looking for DHS equipment in my country, and is pretty limited. Getting a butterfly or Stiga si easier.
Which premade racket do you suggest for me? Timo boll CF 2000 maybe? Or something better.

Greetings,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hi

Ive been looking for DHS equipment in my country, and is pretty limited. Getting a butterfly or Stiga si easier.
Which premade racket do you suggest for me? Timo boll CF 2000 maybe? Or something better.

Greetings,

Maybe read GiangT's post once again.
He clearly wrote:
“I would not recommend you to buy a preassembled racket“

If you want start playing seriously then most premades won't be what you need.
One of the advantages of custom made rackets (or i should rather call 'em non-preassembled rackets) is you can change the rubbers without any hassle when they are worn out.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hi

Greetings,

As SugaD suggests: even $20 racket (yinhe 9 + two Friendship rubbers or similar) from TTnPP or similar asian cheap shop will be much better then any pre-made racket. Sure, it would be better to start with some slower ALL wood in $20-40 range but if you are on budget... btw. good set of recommendations for beginners from Ben here: https://www.experttabletennis.com/best-table-tennis-bat-for-beginners/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
As SugaD suggests: even $20 racket (yinhe 9 + two Friendship rubbers or similar) from TTnPP or similar asian cheap shop will be much better then any pre-made racket. Sure, it would be better to start with some slower ALL wood in $20-40 range but if you are on budget... btw. good set of recommendations for beginners from Ben here: https://www.experttabletennis.com/best-table-tennis-bat-for-beginners/

Hi
SugaD and JST, thanks for you answers... Yeah my bad, i didnt read carefully the post about NOT buying pre mades.... English is not my main language.

On the other hand, thanks for your advices, I'll be asking about custom rackets for beginners in my country. I'll see JST's link about recommendations first, tho.

Thanks for your time and greetings from Colombia.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi
SugaD and JST, thanks for you answers... Yeah my bad, i didnt read carefully the post about NOT buying pre mades.... English is not my main language.

On the other hand, thanks for your advices, I'll be asking about custom rackets for beginners in my country. I'll see JST's link about recommendations first, tho.

Thanks for your time and greetings from Colombia.

Best place to order is ali-express because the prices are the very lowest and shipping is free worldwide.
There are spectacular offers for low prices there. For example one of my favorite blades, Palio King Yue, is like $20 or less and is phenomenal for spin and control.

If you're desperate for DHS gear, there are really good custom-assembled rackets on offer around the $60-$70 range. Don't get anything with H3Neo on both sides because that is a shitty choice. One side H3Neo, other side Skyline 3-60 is much, much better.
But I wouldn't, anyway. It's not so good for beginners I think. It will make your TT life a bit harder than it needs to be.
Do a lot of research on something before you buy it.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Best place to order is ali-express because the prices are the very lowest and shipping is free worldwide.
There are spectacular offers for low prices there. For example one of my favorite blades, Palio King Yue, is like $20 or less and is phenomenal for spin and control.

If you're desperate for DHS gear, there are really good custom-assembled rackets on offer around the $60-$70 range. Don't get anything with H3Neo on both sides because that is a shitty choice. One side H3Neo, other side Skyline 3-60 is much, much better.
But I wouldn't, anyway. It's not so good for beginners I think. It will make your TT life a bit harder than it needs to be.
Do a lot of research on something before you buy it.

One of the things you have to be careful of on Ali Express is many of the vendors are selling counterfeit products.

says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
I recently discovered this forum and this is my first post here. I have a question Chen Chen. Upsidedowncarl and other experts input is greatly appreciated too. Could you guys give recommendations about choosing a custom bat for my 8 yr old son. I have been teaching him TT for 1 yr now, and he plays with an entry level Stiga premade bat. To give you all an idea of his level - he is comfortable with all basic shots, can loop 70-80% balls on deep push and 50-60% balls with medium underspin. With my research so far I am leaning towards a soft flexible all wood blade with a hard chinese rubber ( thinking of stiga classic, not able to find right rubber, too many options). I dont want to spend a ton - not sure how long he will be interested in playing etc. Right now he is very interested and we practice 30-60 min 3-4 times a week mainly because of my schedule.

Reactions: Astorix and Suga D
I recently discovered this forum and this is my first post here. I have a question Chen Chen. Upsidedowncarl and other experts input is greatly appreciated too. Could you guys give recommendations about choosing a custom bat for my 8 yr old son. I have been teaching him TT for 1 yr now, and he plays with an entry level Stiga premade bat. To give you all an idea of his level - he is comfortable with all basic shots, can loop 70-80% balls on deep push and 50-60% balls with medium underspin. With my research so far I am leaning towards a soft flexible all wood blade with a hard chinese rubber ( thinking of stiga classic, not able to find right rubber, too many options). I dont want to spend a ton - not sure how long he will be interested in playing etc. Right now he is very interested and we practice 30-60 min 3-4 times a week mainly because of my schedule.

If you want him to play like ma long, give him DHS PG7 with Hurricane 3 Neo on forehand, and for backhand it's up to you.

Reactions: ttdad
Chen Chen, I have a question: How to check the authenticity of DHS product?
I heard we can input the hologram number in DHS website but I cant find it. Can you send me the link?

Also what's the different between black and white barcode box in the back of H3 neo rubber?
Is the white one not genuine?

Also, another question, is it true that the latest hologram is gold now?

while Suga D has posted the authenticity link, let me explain more in this topic:

1 Do not rely on the hologram number. The hologram sticker is easy to by for a few cents per piece. And can be verified on DHS website. No one use this number to authenticate DHS rubbers.

2 One of the ways to check it's signature cutting.
Most DHS orange and blue sponge are cut using similar machine. You will easily find these "cutting curves" on the sponge.

20130405085906999.jpg
微信图片_20180121132724.jpg

While these cutting curve does not 100% grantee its authentic. But if you find some Hurricane sponge without these curve, it is a bit questionable. (This curve only applied to orange and blue sponge, not for other sponges like H8 or goldarc)

3 We haven't seen any fake sealed packaging neo Hurricane 3. So these are most likely to be authentic. Most fake ones does not come with packaging. ( If you do find a suspected fake neo hurricane 3, please send pictures to me. It will be a major news)

Regarding Black and white box, they are all authentic.

Provincial neo H3:

While box ones are for normal commercial market.
Black box ones are for provincial team for their daily training.

The quality and durability for black box ones are a (little) bit better as they are for professional daily training. The price for white and black box is the same in China.
Now I only buy black box ones.
微信图片_20180121134001.jpg

National H3
I don't know the difference between black and white box.

The above are only rumors from the sellers, it has not been clarified by DHS. (and they would never do)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Thanks for the insights G ZHANG. I would be interested to read your views about the website PROTT and his Hurricane National rubbers which sell for a lot of money. Do you think they are all genuine?

Last edited:
Thanks for the insights G ZHANG. I would be interested to read your views about the website PROTT and his Hurricane National rubbers which sell for a lot of money. Do you think they are all genuine?

The named ones are deeper water. Normally I wouldn't touch.

But those neo sealed ones looks fine. (National blue/orange, provincial)

Hurricane National do cost a lot, even in China as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
OK, thanks.

I did buy a Hurricane 3 #65 37 degrees with white sponge off him for 40 dollars and the quality was amazing. Unfortunately he seems to have run out of them. If you ever come across one please let me know.

OK, thanks.

I did buy a Hurricane 3 #65 37 degrees with white sponge off him for 40 dollars and the quality was amazing. Unfortunately he seems to have run out of them. If you ever come across one please let me know.

Neo provincial H3 orange sponge 37 is very common on the market now. And very easy to by for around 27 usd in China. Same price as normal Neo Prov 39-41.

The rare ones are Neo Prov 36. These are Liu Shiwen's backhand rubber. But for a few month last year (Sep - Dec 2017) they release a batch to provincial teams.

微信图片_20180121144603.jpg

These are especially good for non-professional players as the sponge is 1 degree softer. (consider Ma long use 37 on backhand, if you dont have the strong backhand power as him, 36 is more suitable)
But they stop the production last month. I was able to stock a few sheets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Is that white cake sponge? Mine was cake sponge but had NO writing on them...also NO packaging.