Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
They should just let boosting be legal - problem solved. Everyone can do as he/she pleases.

I do agree. It is a silly thing. Nobody pays attention to the rule. Not worth wasting time on a debate about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Should I Use DHS Hurricane 8 in my FH and DHS Gold Arc 5 in my BH on a DHS Fang bo Carbon Blade?,if this isnt a good setup you can reccomend me anything

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Tackiness does not necessarily make a rubber more effective. You need higher level technique to unlock the potential of tacky rubbers. And tacky rubbers like H3 Neo do different things well in comparison to catapult rubbers like T05.

Some of the choice is personal preference.

Tacky rubbers like H3 give you more control in short game but you have to work a little harder, have bigger and deeper impact and be more precise once you are using attacking strokes. If you can do that, they give you more control with your power.

Spring sponge and catapult rubbers are harder to control in short game, but make it so you can attack at mid-power and get more from your attacks with less effort. If your technique is not perfect, catapult type rubbers will help you more. But at full power, they are harder to control.

That is a short and simple version of the different benefits. It might make it make more sense why so many top CNT players use H3 on FH where you can really use force, and still use Tenergy on BH where you can't really have as much impact.

Ma Long uses a soft version of H3 on BH and part of why that works well for him is he has a pretty big swing on BH. But still, he would not use H3 at the normal hardness for BH.

I am happy to help you here if you have any questions about Chinese player's equipment. I will try my best and we can share knowledge together. :)

Chen Chen, I have a question: How to check the authenticity of DHS product?
I heard we can input the hologram number in DHS website but I cant find it. Can you send me the link?

Also what's the different between black and white barcode box in the back of H3 neo rubber?
Is the white one not genuine?

26814702_10155839359912347_3087421368515277477_n.jpg

(black)

vs

2014-new-DHS-provincial-Hurricane-3-NEO-blue-sponge-H3-table-tennis-rubber-Free-Shipping.jpg

(white barcode)

Also, another question, is it true that the latest hologram is gold now?

26219416_10155839359672347_101879511169026447_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I am happy to help you here if you have any questions about Chinese player's equipment. I will try my best and we can share knowledge together. :)

HiChenChen
thanks for taking this time to answer our questions.

Im a intermediate player, I like to attack but I consider myself an all round player, cause I enjoy blocking and some chops too. Im thinking about buying a racket, i've been playing with a Timo Boll 1000 lately. I use the shakehand grip.

I think a custom paddle is too much for me, im not that pro, but which DHS pre assembled racket do you suggest me to buy?

Or you think I should buy a custom racket?

Thanks and greetings from Colombia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
HiChenChen
thanks for taking this time to answer our questions.

Im a intermediate player, I like to attack but I consider myself an all round player, cause I enjoy blocking and some chops too. Im thinking about buying a racket, i've been playing with a Timo Boll 1000 lately. I use the shakehand grip.

I think a custom paddle is too much for me, im not that pro, but which DHS pre assembled racket do you suggest me to buy?

Or you think I should buy a custom racket?

Thanks and greetings from Colombia.
I know you were asking Chen Chen the question, but I will go ahead and answer. I would not recommend you to buy a preassembled racket. You can get great custom made setups for decent price which is a lot better that the preassembled ones. If you want something from DHS the Power G series are among the cheapest ones and they play great as well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Chen Chen, I have a question: How to check the authenticity of DHS product?
I heard we can input the hologram number in DHS website but I cant find it. Can you send me the link?

Also what's the different between black and white barcode box in the back of H3 neo rubber?
Is the white one not genuine?

26814702_10155839359912347_3087421368515277477_n.jpg

(black)

vs

2014-new-DHS-provincial-Hurricane-3-NEO-blue-sponge-H3-table-tennis-rubber-Free-Shipping.jpg

(white barcode)

Also, another question, is it true that the latest hologram is gold now?

26219416_10155839359672347_101879511169026447_n.jpg

Well i'm also not Chen Chen, but maybe I can help.

My National rubbers have the black code box, whereas my provincial ones got the white one.

Also, here i will quote a few posts covering this topic.

Hard to tell from the photos. The colour difference looks like caused by different lighting.

Do you still have the topsheet protection foil? There is a little badge on it. When scratched the badge shows a code you can type on DHS website to check if your gear is genuine.

The topsheet protection has a 3d logo scratch it n u get a code and check the code for genuinity on dhs website [emoji848]

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

You can also find a detailed describtion how to do it,
here:
http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=SerialCode

Type in the code here:
http://www.dhs-sports.com/search.shtml

[EDIT: tiny correction. One of my National H3N with orange sponge also got the white barcode label.
Only my bluesponge ones got the black box.]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQYzzfghjuR/

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
May I suggest that this info about checking DHS authenticity is put as a sticker on the start page? The question has come up in the past and will surely come up again :)

Well i'm also not Chen Chen, but maybe I can help.

My National rubbers have the black code box, whereas my provincial ones got the white one.

Also, here i will quote a few posts covering this topic.

Type in the code here:

Reactions: Suga D