Chinese Pro Equipment - Rubbers and Blades

Reactions: Makelele
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe no illusion since the Blue Sponge has to be heavily boosted to get "unlocked". The T05 on Fzd's bh is perhaps the factory tuned pro version with harder sponge.

Optical illusion i guess.

the rules say a rubber is not allowed to be over 4.04 mm thick. At 4.05 it will rounded up to 4.1 mm and will not pass the test.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
What do you think about zlc and alc on hurricane 3 rubber? And can you give me your opinion for viscaria, freitas alc, timoboll zlc on that hurricane rubber? What its best for and what style suits that blade well? Example like viscaria suits fzd well because his attack style near the table etc.

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
What about is rubbers? How much can be the thickness? The blue sponge seems to be very thick, on the other side the red one is thinner

Thickness can be the same. If you choose to boost your rubber, 2.1 mm will be the best option.

What do you think about zlc and alc on hurricane 3 rubber? And can you give me your opinion for viscaria, freitas alc, timoboll zlc on that hurricane rubber? What its best for and what style suits that blade well? Example like viscaria suits fzd well because his attack style near the table etc.

H3 is good with alc. See how many Chinese national team use Viscaria + H3 forehand. (same for non-pro players in China)
But not many people like H3 with zlc. as zlc is a bit "bouncy". the contact time between the ball and blade/rubber is a bit short. zlc is better with non-tacky rubbers.

So on hurricane suitability, I think it is viscaria > freitas > boll zlc.

Viscaria suits fzd and Zhang Jike because they have better BH than other players. Viscaria is really good on BH.
Lin Gaoyuan use Viscaria because he stays near the table, fast block from both side. viscaria is better at this.
Ma Long use w968 because he is away from the table. when full swing loop on FH and BH, w968 is better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe no illusion since the Blue Sponge has to be heavily boosted to get "unlocked". The T05 on Fzd's bh is perhaps the factory tuned pro version with harder sponge.

illusion + 1
It can't be more than 4mm, if the BS is more, than FZD can't use it

I think it got to do with the angle + colour (darker vs lighter)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
H3 is good with alc. See how many Chinese national team use Viscaria + H3 forehand. (same for non-pro players in China)
But not many people like H3 with zlc. as zlc is a bit "bouncy". the contact time between the ball and blade/rubber is a bit short. zlc is better with non-tacky rubbers.

So on hurricane suitability, I think it is viscaria > freitas > boll zlc.

Viscaria suits fzd and Zhang Jike because they have better BH than other players. Viscaria is really good on BH.
Lin Gaoyuan use Viscaria because he stays near the table, fast block from both side. viscaria is better at this.
Ma Long use w968 because he is away from the table. when full swing loop on FH and BH, w968 is better.

So you think that viscaria suits near table well than freitas alc? Can you describe something that can describe how that blade support near table game and block than freitas alc/limba? Thanks for the help. Because im from tb zlc trying h3 then switch to freitas alc to suppprt the h3 now but i feel lack of power on backhand with t05 on that blade and hoping maybe Viscaria/zjk alc can help. What do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I never mentioned measurements, only that it's highly probable that the BS is thicker because of heavy boosting. The rubber is 2.15 mm untuned meaning it can be expanded almost double that size and still be legal.

illusion + 1
It can't be more than 4mm, if the BS is more, than FZD can't use it

I think it got to do with the angle + colour (darker vs lighter)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I never mentioned measurements, only that it's highly probable that the BS is thicker because of heavy boosting. The rubber is 2.15 mm untuned meaning it can be expanded almost double that size and still be legal.
RTK, I think you have misinterpreted the numbers. The 2.15mm is only the sponge thickness where the regulation is stating the Total sponge+top sheet thickness can't exceed 4.0mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Understood. My reasoning still holds some validity I think.

RTK, I think you have misinterpreted the numbers. The 2.15mm is only the sponge thickness where the regulation is stating the Total sponge+top sheet thickness can't exceed 4.0mm.

Reactions: Giangt