Review Palio Hidden Dragon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Players one season with Hidden Dragon on my backhand. Fantastic control and feel.

Last edited:

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
I've played with both Drunken dragon 40+ and Hidden dragon 40+. I used DD on forehand and HD on backhand.

HD : non tacky / more bounce / heavier
DD : tacky / lighter /softer

For their price they are pretty good, but I'm currently not using them on my main blade. I switched from HD to something a couple of grams lighter and the DD tore into pieces after a couple of times reglueing it. I had glued it with an old thick batch of glue and the soft sponge couldnt handle it. Most people like HD over DD, because it's similar to european rubbers. Give it a try if you're looking for a cheap alternative to european rubbers.

DSC_0018.jpg

Just remembered that I still have a pair of Hidden Dragon, shortly used.
I can give them as a presentq if somebody likes them. Only post charge.
I think these rubbers are not suitable for boosting at all.

They are not slow, but they are not fast. They are just very repulsive. No dwell and grip, hard to drive, good for flat and smash but with poor control, block unsafe. Somewhat good for chopping, strangely.
And really outstanding surface brushing if you manage to loto the hit, otherwise poor spin - mechanical spin almost impossibbllee.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
I've played with both Drunken dragon 40+ and Hidden dragon 40+. I used DD on forehand and HD on backhand.

HD : non tacky / more bounce / heavier
DD : tacky / lighter /softer

For their price they are pretty good, but I'm currently not using them on my main blade. I switched from HD to something a couple of grams lighter and the DD tore into pieces after a couple of times reglueing it. I had glued it with an old thick batch of glue and the soft sponge couldnt handle it. Most people like HD over DD, because it's similar to european rubbers. Give it a try if you're looking for a cheap alternative to european rubbers.

Hidden dragon 40+ actually is tacky

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Palio CJ 8000 series are the most popular Palio rubbers and I like them better than Dragon series. HK 1997 is a decent Mark V substitute and non-tacky.