Hello, I'm from Saint Petersburg, Russia.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Hello.

The text below is just a short history of my table tennis hobby evolution, it's not very interesting, I'm quite bad amateur player with no talent whatsoever, but through the years it seems I just love the game, so I just accept my low level and just try to have pleasure in playing even if my ability is horrible :p

I'm from Saint Petersburg, Russia. More than 20 years ago, in my childhood, for a 4 years (when I was 8-12 y.o.) I attended table tennis group (school/club? don't know how to properly name it in English), I have no talent, so no mentionable results and so coaches kind of give up on me, mostly was training by myself or with other "not talented" children like me, it was kind of depressing so I just wake up one day and decided to quit out the table tennis group and stop playing overall. After that in about a year I left the group there was a "funny" moment when my coach called my home and said that he didn't see me lately on trainings and it will be body check tomorrow, so I should come, and I answered that I left the group about a year ago and haven't been on trainings since then there was a long silence on the other side of the phone, and then he said that "anyway, please consider to come to body check" :D So I didn't play for about 20 years since that and suddenly appeared a few table tennis tables at my workplace and I started to play with colleagues after work regularly and discovered that I actually still very much in love with table tennis... so it's been about 3 years since than and I play about 4-7 times a week, I'm still play quite bad, but now I'm more OK with it, than I was in my childhood, now it's just a hobby and a source of joy to me!

When I restarted my table tennis hobby 3 year ago I discovered that I remember nothing of what I had been taught in my childhood, no technique at all... after about half a year one of my sparring partners (actually better to say trainer at that point) suggest for me to try long pimples on the BH, because he don't see me as an attack player, so I tried, and for about a year played with long pimples on BH, but my reaction is bad and my legs is "dead", so I mostly played kind of chop block game close to the table mostly of my real (not training) matches, which was kind of boring for me, so I started to searching a way for me to attack from BH, for start I tried more attack orientated long pimples, then middle pimples, than short pimples, and finally I returned to two inverted attack rubbers which I play till now (about a half-year has passed since then).

So, not so interesting story, and video of my play is even more not interesting, but since I have it, here are some of them:

- When I only restarted my hobby about 3 years ago, not tried pimples yet, playing with two inverted rubbers (only played with coworkers on work for a couple of months before match on the video below):

- A bit later, when I started to play outside of my workplace (again, still not tried pimples...):

- About a half-year after, now playing with long pimples on BH:

- About a year after, still playing with long pimples (probably, maybe middle pimples already...) on BH:

- Playing with middle pimples (thinking about migrating to short pimples at that time):

- Playing with middle or short (don't remember) pimples:

- Not so long ago, now again back to inverted rubber on BH:

- Most recent video of my play I got (training match after training with sparring partner):

Hi, thanks for your story! We actually played once in a tourney at Top Spin Arena a year ago in September, I don't know if you remember.
Hi, I see this match in TTW statistic, I see that I lost 1-2, but sorry, it's too little info for me to remember match, it was too long ago... maybe if I see photo or video with you I will remember, but without it it's really impossible for me, I'm playing a few tournaments every week, so mostly remember only those who goes to the same tournaments as I regularly...

Recently won a tournament, for me it's a reaaaally rare occassion, especcially since it's kinda "professional" tournament (participation by invitation only, no entry fee, pretty decent prize money (for 3rd place is comparable to my daily earnings for the day, for 1st place is comparable to my earnings in 2 days)) and I won all the mathes (tournament is for 6 people, two stages, at first stage all plays with each other for points, on second stage the 1st place from the first stage plays with 2nd place for overall 1st place, the 3rd with 4th for overall 3rd place, and 5th and 6th plays for overall 5th place... also mathes played by 7x7 rules: to the 7 points in set, first won 4 sets wins, no deuce).

So I'm very happy!!! Here are a few videos of my mathes from this tournament (only one missing):

- Final (match for overall 1st place) - Lykov 4-1 Osipov

- Lykov 4-3 Tartynskiy

- Lykov 4-2 Yurin

- Lykov 4-0 Grigoriev

- Lykov 4-1 Troshin