Joola Rossi Emotion or Andro Treiber K

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
Hi,

Can anybody in the forum guide me on selection of my first carbon blade. I have narrowed down to two blades - Joola Rossi Emotion and Andro Treiber K. I'm an average player and backhand punch/block is my strength. I'm trying to focus more on control and placement. Based on reviews, these two blades aren't super fast but good on control. The rubbers would most likely be be Gold Arc 8 and Rasanter R47.

Thanks,
Ravi

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have been playing for 40+ years and have owned and played with dozens of wood and carbon blades. I would rate Joola Rossi Emotion among the top 3 of all my blades. I would rate it as the best carbon blade I have ever used, like getting the best qualities of wood and carbon blades. Of course this would also depend on my style of play; I play push-blocker style with the capability of opening loops from both wings. I play near the table to mid-distance using TO5 and 1Q rubbers.
I have not tried Treiber K so can't make any comparison. Hope this helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
I have been playing for 40+ years and have owned and played with dozens of wood and carbon blades. I would rate Joola Rossi Emotion among the top 3 of all my blades. I would rate it as the best carbon blade I have ever used, like getting the best qualities of wood and carbon blades. Of course this would also depend on my style of play; I play push-blocker style with the capability of opening loops from both wings. I play near the table to mid-distance using TO5 and 1Q rubbers.

Thanks a lot. This definitely helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
These blades will probably feel and play quite differently because of the different compositions and layering. The Emotion has an inner carbon design so it will feel more woody and generate less speed at a distance (you have to hit it harder to engage the carbon. It also has an Hinoki top layer which some describe as more springy than the Koto top layer which is on the K. The K's ALC layer is underneath the to layer so easier to engage but making the blade possible stiffer, and more suitable for softer rubber. It also is designed to reduce vibrations and somewhat emulate the popular Butterfly ALC blades.

There are plenty of reviews on the Megaspin.net site that may give you some insights into the different characteristics of the blades. If you are focusing in control and don't mind the loss of speed at a distance then it would seem like the Emotion is a better fit.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I would rate Joola Rossi Emotion among the top 3 of all my blades. I would rate it as the best carbon blade I have ever used, like getting the best qualities of wood and carbon blades. Of course this would also depend on my style of play; I play push-blocker style with the capability of opening loops from both wings. I play near the table to mid-distance using TO5 and 1Q rubbers.

Tantalising! I haven't tried the Rossi Emotion blade, liked quite a few other Joola blades though.

I've been playing for 40+ years as well, but with a rather long leave of absence leaving me out of touch with basically everything that happened between 1985 and 2015, materialwise. So the Rossie Emotion sounds like quite the thing, and I'd love to try one sometimes.

That being said, I've settled very happily upon the Treiber K, have been playing with it for many moons now and have no plans to change. I'm an intermediate level player these days, with a reasonable markedly offensive play near the table and a step away. I depend on flicks, spinny as well as powerful loops on both wings, but also softhanded as well as active blocks and counterspins directly off the bounce. With the Treiber K I have an immense feeling of control, feeling the exact contact spot. It's like an extension of my hand; when I flick, or block, it's as if I'm touching, lifting, striking the ball directly. The short game feels good, and the blade has serious power reserves. Fullblooded loopers might consider it a bit stiff, might want a bit more flex. I don't.

There are some similarities. The Rossi Emotion is Hinoki (very thin), Koto, Carbon, Ayous, Koto, Hinoki, the Treiber K is Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri-Limba-ALC-Kiri (same as the BTY Viscaria, TB ALC, TB Spirit, ZJK ALC).

The Treiber Z, I believe, may be inbetween the two; it's a Hinoki, ZLC, Ayous, Kiri, Ayous, ZLC, Hinoki blade. I'm mentioning this because of the use of thin Hinoki layers, with a more explosive/stiff layer directly underneath. I'd love to try one of those too, of course.

Anyway, TL:DR Been playing with the Treiber K for a long time now, and have yet to find fault with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
I finally bought Rossi Emotion and it has helped me get better at controlling my game. With Xiom Zeta Offensive, an all-wood 7-ply fast blade, I used to overshoot the table in my top spins due to the blade's strong rebound effect. I paired JRE with Vega pro (backhand) and Rakza 7. The results have been great so far. There is more control, better feel, arc is definitely lower, and I seem to have more precision in top spins and pushes - long and short. JRE is a very good option for all those who are looking to move from an all-round, all-wood blade to a composite one. Thanks.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The Treiber K will probably be better for those punch blocks you like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I finally bought Rossi Emotion and it has helped me get better at controlling my game. With Xiom Zeta Offensive, an all-wood 7-ply fast blade, I used to overshoot the table in my top spins due to the blade's strong rebound effect. I paired JRE with Vega pro (backhand) and Rakza 7. The results have been great so far. There is more control, better feel, arc is definitely lower, and I seem to have more precision in top spins and pushes - long and short. JRE is a very good option for all those who are looking to move from an all-round, all-wood blade to a composite one. Thanks.

I am not surprised you liked it. Somebody on this site once said that "every new born kid should be issued a JRE, and that should be the law!" LOL

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Glad to see you enjoy the Emotion. I had an opportunity to play that blade a few times and it is really really good. If I didn't try someone's Clipper and fall in love then the Emotion would have been one of 3 blades I would have been choosing from to upgrade from my Stiga ALL classic.
A great blade and pairs up well with a lot of different rubbers, can fit your game all the way up until the highest amateur lvl

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I played with 2x impuls powersponge, słow and very mushy feel. I had rasant +vega pro= too heavy... No feeling on fh side...I changed on boosted h3 neo and I will Add airoc s or vega pro.
I had tg2 on forhand but everything goes long but I Love h3 neo + Treiber Z on Bh side. The worst part of the blade is when you match heavy rubbers and the thickness of blade is 6,6-7 you will have head heavy stiff tank without control and balance