DHS Hurricane NEO 3 tune

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hey, I was supposed to buy DHS Hurricane Neo 3, but all my friends from my club said that it is really slow rubber and it is supposed to be tune, that without tune it is just trash rubber. Is it true? If yes, how can i tune it?? And would it be a good match for Yasaka Ma Ling Carbon? And I would like to ask that Ma long and FZD, they tune it, or they play with original Hurricane Neo 3 without tune.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hey, I was supposed to buy DHS Hurricane Neo 3, but all my friends from my club said that it is really slow rubber and it is supposed to be tune, that without tune it is just trash rubber. Is it true? If yes, how can i tune it?? And would it be a good match for Yasaka Ma Ling Carbon? And I would like to ask that Ma long and FZD, they tune it, or they play with original Hurricane Neo 3 without tune.
Ok. Hurricane and tuning is a complex topic.

First Hurricane 3(H3) has the following versions:
Commercial H3
Commercial Neo H3
Provincial H3 blue sponge (BS)
Provincial Neo H3 BS
Provincial Neo H3 orange sponge (OS)
Nittaku Neo H3 OS
National H3 OS
National H3 BS
National Neo H3 OS
National Neo H3 BS

So all H3 with "Neo" theoretically do not need tuning. But the Commercial Neo H3 (i assume that's what you have) is very dead. It costs ~$20. You need tuning to make the sponge more lively. Any provincial or national Neo H3 with OS can just play very well. But any H3 (Neo or non-Neo) with BS needs tuning as BS is denser and harder than OS.

Your Neo H3 comes with a Neo layer that means it's been slightly pre-tuned. So to tune your Neo H3. Open the vacuun package. Expose the sponge to air for at least 24hrs. Take off the protective sheet.

Then apply the first layer of oil or booster. Leave it to dry.

Apply a second layer of booster. Leave it to dry.

Apply a layer of water-based glue. Leave it to dry. Apply another water-based glue. Leave it to dry.

Apply a third layer of booster. By now you should see a dome if your rubber is genuine. It domes because the booster is stretching the sponge and the rubber.

You take off the protective sheet so that the rubber+sponge are being stretched without restrictions. Now you need to wait patiently for the rubber to return to the flat shape. It could take 3-5 days.

Once it's flat, apply a layer of water-based glue to the blade and the rubber. Dry it and glue it onto the blade.

This is just my method I learned from a Chinese forum. You might hear many different ways of tuning.

Good luck.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
If you are new to Chinese rubbers, I don't recommend you to tune it right away. You should try to practice and play with the rubber as is for at least a month. The rubber being slow will force you to put your whole body into your shots. If you record yourself and see that your strokes are full, smooth and wide, but you feel that you are not getting enough power, then you could consider boosting it. After you boost it, you will be able to compare how it performs before and after the tuning.

Michal Dao,
My personal advice is to just to buy the rubber /this, or any other/ and to play with it.
Questions will arise.
You will ask.

-/a/ Some will answer.
You will choose an answer, and will do an action.
You will discuss the result and receive an answer and correct what needed.
You will step up and ask for a rubber...
- if "ask for a rubber" go to /a/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I've changed to hurricane neo 3 recently (before playing mx-p for 10 months).
Without booster h3 neo was to dead for my taste but after boosting it's by far my favorite fh rubber.

Two layer of haifu seamoon was more than enough in matter of speed and sponge hardness.

My h3 neo is 2.15 39° degrees

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Falco Tempo Long is quite cheap and widely used booster. There are betters for chinese rubbers from china, but I don't think it's necessary for anyone below semi-pro level and they are expensive. Here is a few name: Kailin oil, Haifu Seamoon, Dianchi oil.
I bought haifu seamoon because it was cheaper than falco. In prott.vip is 14usd plus shipment the bottle with 100ml

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Falco Tempo Long is quite cheap and widely used booster. There are betters for chinese rubbers from china, but I don't think it's necessary for anyone below semi-pro level and they are expensive. Here is a few name: Kailin oil, Haifu Seamoon, Dianchi oil.
It's seems they aren't that expensive, sorry for the misinterpretation.