I have heavy paddle, is that ok for a young player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hey, I have Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade that weights about 100g and max Hexer + max Hexer HD and my paddle is really heavy, everyone that try my paddle says "OMG that is really heavy". Do you think heavy paddle is good for 14 years old, an offensive player? (I weights 45kg, so I feel it alot heavier then a man that has 80kg) Should I change my blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hey, I have Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade that weights about 100g and max Hexer + max Hexer HD and my paddle is really heavy, everyone that try my paddle says "OMG that is really heavy". Do you think heavy paddle is good for 14 years old, an offensive player? (I weights 45kg, so I feel it alot heavier then a man that has 80kg) Should I change my blade?
For your age , allwood blades are better choice, but how much training sessions do you have with that combination, do you feel very tired with that setup, have you use to it in practice and matches. If it suits your playing style why should you change it... after all when you eventually change it and you and your playing level get higher, then can find something lighter or stick with that kind of equipment.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The actual issue is whether the weight of the racket slows down your racket speed on the stroke and on the reset.

Do you notice that the racket is heavy? Or is the issue that other people who try your racket notice it is heavy?

If it is other people who notice that and not you, ignore them. If it is you who notices that it feels heavy to YOU, then change it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
The actual issue is whether the weight of the racket slows down your racket speed on the stroke and on the reset.

Do you notice that the racket is heavy? Or is the issue that other people who try your racket notice it is heavy?

If it is other people who notice that and not you, ignore them. If it is you who notices that it feels heavy to YOU, then change it.
I got use to it, but when i try other´s racket, it feels so light.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If it is not causing a problem then dont worry about it. However the problem will show up most in short game and return of serve if there is a problem.

True. Anything small over the table, as opposed to shots in full swing.

But like the experts said, if it´s good for you keep it, don´t change it just because others say it is so heavy and theoretically a problem (for them).

As a side note, well balanced heavier setups can put a lot less strain on the muscles than lighter head-heavy ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
The Ma Lin Carbon blade is actually a really great blade! Not fast at all and it is a thin inner carbon blade 5.5mm with limba outer plies. Average weight should be around 85g so maybe find a blade that have that specific weight.
And do you thing this blade will be good with DHS Hurricane Neo 3?

This user has no status.

True. Anything small over the table, as opposed to shots in full swing.

But like the experts said, if it´s good for you keep it, don´t change it just because others say it is so heavy and theoretically a problem (for them).

As a side note, well balanced heavier setups can put a lot less strain on the muscles than lighter head-heavy ones.

And do you thing this blade will be good with DHS Hurricane Neo 3?

It depends on which model you're using.
There are three types of Hurricane 3 Neos, commercial, provincial, and national.
Interestingly national is the lightest , while provincial is the heaviest.
But it's best not to go for the national version. You don't know when you are buying a fake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
It depends on which model you're using.
There are three types of Hurricane 3 Neos, commercial, provincial, and national.
Interestingly national is the lightest , while provincial is the heaviest.
But it's best not to go for the national version. You don't know when you are buying a fake.
I mean the commercial

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I think H3 neo are heavier than most Hexer rubbers, so I wouldn't go down that road if you want a lighter setup.
Keep your blade or find a lighter one that is closer to 85g and perhaps go with the Rasanters R47 2.0mm fh and R42 2.0mm on your BH.

A lot of players that I know plays with that setup and it is a decent setup.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Try to find a blade between 85-90 gr. It will be a lot better. Trust me, I know because at the age of 14 I used a 110 gr blade. Recently I tried to play with it and it was too heavy. Even pro players don't play with 100 gr blades, usually around 90 gr. But 85 gr is just as good. Below that only allround blades are good. I would recommend you to try a Korbel SK7. It's good for your development and it can be used up to a high level.

Last edited: