Xiom extreme S vs tibhar SPW, please recommend me ..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Both/Neither. Both blades are excellent. Which one will be better for a given player depends on a few things. But here is some info on each blade.

Extreme S is 7 plies. So it will be a little stiffer and thicker. It should have a slightly sharper crisper feel.

Stratus Power Wood has 5 plies and a slightly larger head. It also has Limba-Limba like a Korbel and should be softer and should have a decent amount more flex than the Extreme S. It would give a bit more control and help you generate more spin.

However, you can’t really go wrong with either blade. They are both reasonably priced and much better than their price tag.

You could flip a coin or if the descriptions I gave help you decide than that is good too.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
5 vs 7 ply wood are very different, and which one works for you depends entirely on your needs. IMO, the first question should be 5 vs 7 ply (, not ext S vs SPW.)

If you want 7 ply from these two brands, a better comparison is xiom extreme s vs tibhar Samsonov force pro.

If you want 5 ply: Xiom offensive s vs Tibhar Stratus Powerwood.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think that TSPW is a flexible blade. It is thick (6.2 mm) and has a pretty direct nature despite the soft outer plies.

If you ever felt an Extreme S you would realize it has about the same amount of flex as a butcher’s block. [emoji2]

If I had been comparing the TSPW to a Nittaku Violin then, yeah, it is stiff. But it has some flex and the head size has something to do with that.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: NextLevel
Extreme S has a mild hardness and has flex between stiff and medium. Very good for blocks and mid distance top spin. But at closer distance feels stiffer and sharper and lacks the feel for allaround.
That's why I recomend Xiom Solo. It has softer feel, more flexy, better touch and control especially at closer distance, slower but with enough speed. Xiom Vega rubbers /Pro or Euro/ fit very well.

Reactions: Ahmad Arnous