Primorac Vs Korbel

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Throw a dart at a board. They are both great.

They are both better for looping and spinning than for flat hits.

I block well enough (active and passive) that I don’t know if my opinion on blocking makes sense. I also feel, from the standpoint of improving technique, flat hitting is a bit of a dead end. So to me, I am not sure I would choose a blade based on how it does in smacking the ball flat. Any fast blade will work for that. [emoji2]

But, anyway, why don’t I give a little info that I think will help you.

1) Korbel is faster. The head size is bigger. The wood is just barely thicker. Usually they are a bit heavier.

2) Primorac’s Head size is smaller. A bit thinner. Usually they are a bit lighter.

All blades come in a range of weights. So you can find a specific Primorac that is heavier than specific Korbel. But, in general, Korbels are heavier. And if you had a Primorac and a Korbel that were the same weight, and you put the same rubber on both, the Korbel + rubbers would weigh more because the Korbel has a larger head so there will actually be more rubber on the Korbel. This also means that the Korbel will be a little more head heavy. This is because the head size is larger.

However, both blades are great. And the blade composition is the same:

Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba

So they will feel more similar than different.

The real question you should consider is:

Does your technique determine that you should use a slightly faster or slightly slower blade?

If slower, choose Primorac.

If faster, choose Korbel.

But whichever blade you choose you will be choosing an excellent blade. So I highly recommend either.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: riemsesy and OhWell
This user has no status.
Thank you, it really helped. I am going with a heavy Primorac.
Power/Speed is something which I am comfortable to generate and the primary focus of my game is on placement and high top-spins/side-spins as compared to Power/Speed.

Now, I need your help on rubbers.

I am thinking of the below (max thickness):
- Rasanter R47 (Andro)
- Bluestorm Z2 (Donic)
- Omega V Asia (Xiom)
- Omega V Pro (Xiom)

Current Setup (which suits my playstyle)
Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: MXP
BH: Gold Arc 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The real question you should consider is:

Does your technique determine that you should use a slightly faster or slightly slower blade?

If slower, choose Primorac.

If faster, choose Korbel.

But whichever blade you choose you will be choosing an excellent blade. So I highly recommend either.

That's the point. In our club, most of the kids use Primorac. One of my teammates, who is quite strong, uses Korbel.
They are very similar, both good allwood blade for attacking style. Korbel is faster. Korbel can be used at nearly any level, Primorac is a little slow when you're above a strong ~3rd league level. But it's great for improving.
You said you play with more spin than speed and power. I would recommend the OV rubbers.