Do you know which blade uses Ovtcharov?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Do you have a recent picture? Here you can see a bit of the handle. The Ovtcharov senso carbon has an orange Donic logo while the Waldner has a white one

Ovtcharov.jpg

I can't find a better picture.

Attachments

• Ovtcharov.jpg
    Ovtcharov.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:
Reactions: Van2112
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Looks to me like a True Carbon with a different handle but picture is not real clear.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Looks to me like a True Carbon with a different handle but picture is not real clear.

Very, very likely.

In a recent interview he said he uses Donic carbon blades with Senso handles alternatingly - depending on the ball played either True Carbon or Original Senso Carbon.

The Senso carbon therefore should be fairly regular, the True Carbon fitted with a Senso handle, and sizes may vary.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
It could easily be a Timo Boll Spirit with a Senso handle. With pros you never know. Don't waste your time.

His blade has the characteristic hollow handle so I doubt it. Also if they wanted to promote a blade they would probably take an Ovtcharov True Carbon handle.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Don't waste your time.

This is the most important thing that has been said so far.

However, if the information is for your own pleasure in trying to figure these things out, then it can still be entertaining. But, nevertheless, it would be an entertaining waste of time.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: bobpuls and Van2112
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
His blade has the characteristic hollow handle so I doubt it. Also if they wanted to promote a blade they would probably take an Ovtcharov True Carbon handle.

A good friend of mine told me that a pro he works with was extremely good at fixing handles onto blades. He was never sponsored by Butterfly but played most of his early career with a Timo Boll Spirit.

I tell this story so you understand my point and don't think it is worth arguing too much. Arguing too much over facts that can be verified is not the way to go.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Very, very likely.

In a recent interview he said he uses Donic carbon blades with Senso handles alternatingly - depending on the ball played either True Carbon or Original Senso Carbon.

The Senso carbon therefore should be fairly regular, the True Carbon fitted with a Senso handle, and sizes may vary.

But he could be saying this to just promote Donic as he is often listed as using Bluefire in ads as well.

I was just wondering because Adam Bobrow said Dima was playing with a blade named after him (so is Gauzy) during the semi-final. Given Adam's info about equipment are usually very accurate, i was asking myself if:
1) it is indeed true
2) he says that because I think he is Dima's friend :p
3) he does not know it is a disguised blade. Unlikely due to 2) :rolleyes:
4) he is a hidden Donic boss and uses his ITTF cover to promote his company
5) he wants to mislead TTD forum members in order to ... OK I'm going too far :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Don't believe anything you are told about which top player uses which blade.

Players swap the badges in the handle of their blade to the one their sponsor says they are using.

I know of two top players from a few years ago that never used the blades that Butterfly falsely advertised them as using. I even once played a friend of one of them who was using their bat's 'negative' – a Butterfly blade with a Banda logo!

You have bugger-all chance on an internet forum of finding out what a top player uses.