Do you know which blade uses Ovtcharov?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
But he could be saying this to just promote Donic as he is often listed as using Bluefire in ads as well.

Well, these ads work on interpretation. ;)
There is a picture of Ovtcharov, a picture of a blade and a picture of rubbers. You´d assume he uses that stuff, but no-one says so directly, so no-one lies.

But of course he has also said in interviews that he uses bluefire, so he could be shady about the blade. I do think though that the info True Carbon or Original Senso could be close to the truth, one a copy of an ALC and the other an interesting 8 ply built to his requirement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Also if they wanted to promote a blade they would probably take an Ovtcharov True Carbon handle.

Does not work. You´ve said it yourself.

His blade has the characteristic hollow handle so I doubt it.

He likes that Senso handle and uses it on the True Carbon. So he says.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The latest pics of DO's blade are suspicious. He uses edge tape which in itself isn't suspicious at all, but also some sort of treatment/paste on the sides of the handles so you can't see the plies at all. I'm guessing he markets the True Carbon blade but actually uses a variation of DHS W968/no 1 senso.

This user has no status.
The latest pics of DO's blade are suspicious. He uses edge tape which in itself isn't suspicious at all, but also some sort of treatment/paste on the sides of the handles so you can't see the plies at all. I'm guessing he markets the True Carbon blade but actually uses a variation of DHS W968/no 1 senso.

The tape is for hiding the orange sponge of tenergy
But, I don't think there's a reason to use w968 as no.1 senso is good.
Either way, more heartbreaking that Dima is Waldner using Tenergy in league of old men in Sweden :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There's a video where Ma Long delivers 2 pc of W968 to DO. Perhaps this is for trying them out before making up his mind to have a rebranded 968. The no 1 senso is made by DHS, same composition as 968. He hides both the rubbers and plies around the entire blade. He must be sitting on a fat contract with Donic :D

The tape is for hiding the orange sponge of tenergy
But, I don't think there's a reason to use w968 as no.1 senso is good.
Either way, more heartbreaking that Dima is Waldner using Tenergy in league of old men in Sweden :(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dima has been hiding what blade he uses for a long time. I do think it is not what they say he is using. I think it is lame that so many Pro TT players do this and lie about what they are using. Dima hides it well enough that we really cannot have any reasonable idea of what blade he is actually using just from photographic evidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Dima has been hiding what blade he uses for a long time. I do think it is not what they say he is using. I think it is lame that so many Pro TT players do this and lie about what they are using. Dima hides it well enough that we really cannot have any reasonable idea of what blade he is actually using just from photographic evidence.
Of course they hide it if they are contracted by another company.
Why would that be lame?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It's totally lame to promote something you don't believe in or even use yourself. That makes him a phony. If he really wants Donics paycheck they should co-operate to produce a blade he himself wants to use openly. How hard can it be.

Why would that be lame?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why would that be lame?

It's totally lame to promote something you don't believe in or even use yourself. That makes him a phony. If he really wants Donics paycheck they should co-operate to produce a blade he himself wants to use openly. How hard can it be.

Exactly.

Why would you take sponsorship from a company whose equipment you ABSOLUTELY would not use even though they are paying you TO USE IT.

Him wearing the Donic logo, saying he is using Donic rubbers and Donic blades while NOT USING blade or rubbers from Donic, and telling ALL OF US that he IS USING stuff they can't even pay him to use.....I mean, it is a cynical merry-go-round of dishonest marketing.

And personally, I don't like being lied to. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Dima doesn't use Donic blade but claims he is? Big deal, he is contracted.
It's just like any actor or famous person appearing in commercial for some product.
Who knows what they really use at home.
Grown people still believe in commercials, sponsorships, brands, marketing?

I am baffled to see people interested in pro players blades.
Probably youngsters who want to somehow connect to their favorite tt player just like kids playing soccer wearing shirts of their favorite soccer players.
It makes more sense to buy same shoes, socks, shirt, sweatband and take any blade and cover it with exact edgetapes as Dima. Then you'll look more like him.

Unless someone really believes he will play similar style to his favorite player by buying certain blade?
Same chance to put oil from your favorite F1 vehicle into your daily car engine and expect F1 acceleration.

This user has no status.
tell you something about ovtcharov No.1 senso
I asked Donic partner in Iran about a scoring issue
if you go to donic website, you see that the true carbon blade has more speed that No.1 senso blade, but in the persian website, the scoring is different
they said it's because we score based on playing experiences, which could sometimes be different than reality. with that bwing said, seems like No.1 senso is faster than Boll ALC(true crbon is an ALC clone)
anyway, I saw many websites saying the composition of w968 and no website had acryl in it.Are you sure w968 has acryl??

This user has no status.
okay, I think I found a proof on Dima ovtcharov's blade
have a look at this:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]https://images.app.goo.gl/7CeDkM255PTDcco46[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]You can definitely see the Chinese letters on the blade[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]So,whoever that claimed he just can't use a Donic product, was unfortunately right :)[/FONT]