2017-12-23
八一京博控股俱乐部vs北京首钢乒乓球俱乐部

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Check the shot by Ma Long at 6:14...
wow the shot at 6:14 is amazing. I've never seen anything like that before. It shows why Ma Long is considered the most complete player at the moment or even in history.
Anyone remember the reverse forehand chop block he did a few years ago? It seems he can do anything he wants with the ball, even the craziest technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
wow the shot at 6:14 is amazing. I've never seen anything like that before. It shows why Ma Long is considered the most complete player at the moment or even in history.
Anyone remember the reverse forehand chop block he did a few years ago? It seems he can do anything he wants with the ball, even the craziest technique.

You need to watch more table tennis. The reason why that shot isn't common at the pro level is that pros know how to handle the sidespin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
You need to watch more table tennis. The reason why that shot isn't common at the pro level is that pros know how to handle the sidespin.

Many people can hook the ball on the side but normally, people will wait for the ball to drop before hooking it, it's predictable. Hooking a very spinny ball at/near the top of the bounce with a fast action that initially looked like a counter loop, making arc low and pretty short like that, I don't think many people can do that.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Many people can hook the ball on the side but normally, people will wait for the ball to drop before hooking it, it's predictable. Hooking a very spinny ball at/near the top of the bounce with a fast action that initially looked like a counter loop, making arc low and pretty short like that, I don't think many people can do that.
plus it was a netball recovery, plus it was a quality shot, pretty low to the net considering. Just a very nice and beautiful shot.

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Look at the original shot from Liang and you will see why he hooked it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Watch this: http://coub.com/view/olz3j

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
In order to perform that shot, it takes great control and touch to make that low trajectory from a spiny shot. I have much respect on Ma Long for that shot.

Absolutely awesome shot. What worries me though is that ML does not seem to be making a lot of outright winners like he used to. His reactions seem to be slowing down. He is winning but not too convincingly.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree, maybe age/mileage is starting to show. But if Timo Boll can pull off a rejuvenation so can ML, even though it's a few years in the horizon.

Absolutely awesome shot. What worries me though is that ML does not seem to be making a lot of outright winners like he used to. His reactions seem to be slowing down. He is winning but not too convincingly.

Reactions: drunix80