China Super League 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
A few thoughts: Is ML losing a "lot" lately because of trying out a close-to-the-table-style or just because he's not in his best shape? Whatever it is, he's not as effective close to the table, yet. And is this "new" style his way of trying to prolong his career as well as countering the uprising of Tomo? Time will tell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I believe Fzd is very predictable but he has so much power that it really doesn't matter. ML needs to be mentally hungry to be successful, because he beats you with both smartness and skills.

ML has a lot of serve recieve issues. I do not know why, this is something that you cannot forget. Also his game is very predictable. For me now FZD is definitely world no 1 and the rest is far away.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The user MaLongFamily Fans Club posted in the 'Ma Long thread with interviews etc.' that Ma Long is still injured and that is why he didn't play a second match this round. He is not in the best shape atm, but he is try to fight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The user MaLongFamily Fans Club posted in the 'Ma Long thread with interviews etc.' that Ma Long is still injured and that is why he didn't play a second match this round. He is not in the best shape atm, but he is try to fight.
Kind of strange why ML has to even play when he is injured just to lose many games.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Why do you think it strange? The CTTSL clubs are usually not provincial teams (except for PLA, Shanghai, Sichuan), they hire players (maybe for only 1 season) and pay high salary to top tier players (the top 7 ranked this season) and of course the clubs are demanding if they want good results.

Kind of strange why ML has to even play when he is injured just to lose many games. If

This user has no status.

Difficult to tell from that angle but I am afraid the referees were wrong there. They gave the point to Chen Xingtong, however, I can't imagine a scenario where that would be correct. The ball touches the net, bounces off something that most likely belongs to the net as well (can't see anything else there like a camere etc) and touches the table regularly after that. Does not matter how often the ball bounces off something that belongs to the net, if the ball hits the opponents table after that regularly it is your point. In my opinion Wang Manyu should have got that point.

Correct me please if I am missing something.