DHS Hurricane 301?

This user has no status.
Hey,

Has any one of you tested the hurricane 301? It seems promising and my EJ is really hard to handle right now so I need help!

-Is it any good?
-How different is it compared to Stiga Infinity VPS V?
-How's the handle (large, thin, long, short)?
-Is it worth the 50€ price tag

Any advice would be appreciated

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Dhs has alot of 5+2ALC blades now- PG5, Dhs Fang bo Carbon, Hurricane long 5 and now hurricane 301. It'll be interesting to see how they are compared to each other. I'm currently using Dhs fang bo carbon and I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
yea I have been looking at different dhs blades but the H301 caught my eye with its neutral colour and low price. People on ttdb also seem to think it's really flexible and I was also wondering if anyone has any insight on that. As a student even the Fang Bo is a little expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am interested too, because some time I will need a new/backup blade and I am playing with a blade with similar construction to Bo 2, 301, Innerforce. (Same wood layers as TB ALC, but Texalium fibres next to the core). I am curious about a similar blade with harder outer ply. And I am on low budget too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
yea I have been looking at different dhs blades but the H301 caught my eye with its neutral colour and low price. People on ttdb also seem to think it's really flexible and I was also wondering if anyone has any insight on that. As a student even the Fang Bo is a little expensive.
You can get Fang bo 2 for 40$ on ' prott' . My final price was 64( shipping included). I live in India. Go on pro tt and check shipping rate for your country. You might find it is cheaper for you.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Also check out a HK dealer prince of tt:
http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/product/DHS-H301-Table-Tennis-Blade-296.html

A bit cheaper than prott. Shipping is also faster. I have experience with both dealers.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
my 301 arrived yesterday. Really a nice blade.
Handle is quite thin and short, but I think that is ok.
Seems to to be as fast as my Avalaox C555, but a bit more flexible.
Will test the blade on the upcoming weekend.

Thanks amoc, I'm ansious to read your impressions!

Does this blade have Koto or Limba outer ply? For some reason I always thought it was limba (probably because this blade is mentioned in almost all Fang Bo carbon thread), until I see this pic yesterday from a seller:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/35777/H301b.jpg

This resembles Koto (but grey). Does anyone know the outer plies?

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I have heard that it's Koto. That's the main Difference between Long V and this one, Long V is Limba while this one is Koto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
W997 also has Limba Outer ply, it's just different glue afaik and the old ones had a larger face.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
W997 also has Limba Outer ply, it's just different glue afaik and the old ones had a larger face.

Maybe I´m wrong, but from my information the compositions of both blades are pretty identical except the top ply
W968 - Limba
W997 - Koto

But maybe i mixed that up with the N301...
http://stervinou.net/ttbdb/liste.php

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I'm pretty sure that's mixed up, yes, 997 and 968 are identical regarding composition, it's just glue, the 301 tho has Koto

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Don't get N301 and H301 mixed up. They have different performance according to Chinese testers. But they both have koto as the outer layer.

Still eagerly awaiting for a review of h301. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji41]

Passionate about TT
Do you know more specifically what they find to be different in performance? I'm curious to know the differences between them in actual play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Do you know more specifically what they find to be different in performance? I'm curious to know the differences between them in actual play
According to the review. H301 is more linear but hits the max power earlier than N301. In another word N301 requires stronger stroke and proper technique to unleash the max power.

So they are saying for amateurs h301 is probably enough.

But there is no proper review on h301 most Chinese review is about n301. Would be nice to see a proper review on h301.

Passionate about TT

Last edited: