DHS Hurricane 301?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
N301 has limba top ply.... And the price difference is huge.
I'm almost sure N301 is koto, just like H301.
While I was writing this post, I re-read GiangT post on the last page and he said N301 has Koto, and W968 has limba.
Also Stervinou database confirms it.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I'm almost sure N301 is koto, just like H301.
While I was writing this post, I re-read GiangT post on the last page and he said N301 has Koto, and W968 has limba.
Also Stervinou database confirms it.
Yup both N301 and H301 have koto as the outer ply. The difference is the quality of the wood and craftsmanship

Passionate about TT

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yup both N301 and H301 have koto as the outer ply. The difference is the quality of the wood and craftsmanship

Passionate about TT
Sorry you right ... i checked my communication with Chen Chen, and yes he confirmed some time ago when i was asking that .... i was miss-leaded by my mind. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Just posted this:

a1a86a2aa2bc8d11629199fa6fdd432a.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I don't feel anything that I could say would necessarily be of use to others; I am not very high level, and don't find that much of what is said about blades is stuff to which I can relate.

I am currently using the H301 as my main blade, and bought a second as a backup, so I really like the the play I achieve with this blade. I suspect it has a "low throw", is nowhere near as fast as the Off++ rating would suggest, and the ball generally goes where I want it to. I moved to this blade via the Fang Bo 2 from my Hurricane Long 3 after breaking my wrist (not TT related; it would take some heavy whip action to actually break the wrist!), expecting it to be a little faster, requiring less effort. I find the 301 more comfortable to use than the FB2, but would be pushed to say it is actually faster or slower. I think I can get more speed on it, and probably stronger spin, when I get a shot just right. I am impressed enough to be considering finding an N301.

To give context, I am in my first season of league play, in the bottom division of the city league. I am captain of the team, newly formed by me, in which I play number 4 of four, and we are in the top 2 of the table at the moment. I have an 80% win rate in doubles, but only 30% in singles. Should be better, but there are things I still cannot do with my wrist, which now has a metal plate holding bones together. I tried to get them to install some bionics, but no such luck.

I got my second H301 for £30 including shipping. Absolute bargain.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I played the H301 last weekend on a tournament last weekend, with just 2 hours training before.
And I'm really impressed! The blade is really great! And I will use it from now for my main blade.

I just can compare to a Avalox C555 (this is the only blade I had since my comeback after more than 20 years without TT):
Gears: H301 >> C555 (has lot more gears)
Speed: H301 > C555
Spin: H301 > C555
Control: H301 = C555
Block: H301 = C555
Throw: H301 > C555 (slightly higher throw)
Smash: H301 < C555 (because the H301 is not as stiff as the C555)
Touch: H301 = C555
Stiffnes: H301 < C555

What me really impressed is the speed and spin I can get with my forehand topspin. I made a lot direct points with it.

The handle is really small and short, I was afraid that this will not suit but I was really surprised that I had no problems with the handle.

Here my setup for the next time:
DHS H301 (87,8 g)
Nittaku H3 Neo (black 2,1)
Tibhar Aurus soft (red 1,9)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
It seems that the handle is a lot thinner than the Stiga's legend handle (thicker fl), which I really really like! That is why I mostly switched completely to Stiga blades. I probably could thicken the handle with some grip tape but I have no experience on that so I don't want to gamble on that matter. Otherwise the blade seems very nice but the handle is a deal breaker for me to make the switch from Infinity VPS V.

Thanks for all the replies!