DHS Hurricane 301?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
H301 is not only good for offensive style of play. It can also be used effectively by modern defenders who use long pips on their backhand side. It may not give as much backspin like the other chopping blade, but for me it's more than enough to make the shot of my opponents hit the net. Great blade for almost all kind of style.

Reactions: Lightzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I have absolutely no need for a new blade. I am very satisfied with my tibhar power wood. But I got interested in trying a koto outer ply blade, basically because it’s fun and I find the material components interesting. I was not really that interested in a composite blade but had a hit with my friends xiom Hayabusa Zi which has a koto outer ply and (i think it’s a inner construction blade) anyway I thought it felt great. So at Xmas I bought myself a few koto blade settling on the budget friendly h 301 just to give it a try as well a Avalox p500. I just recently glued up the h301 with my current rubbers and I well I will not give it a full review but I will just confirm what some have said it’s a really nice blade. Big sweet spot, with it being slow in the short game, even when passive blocking with a great controllable kick when hit. It’s really felt wonderful when In backhand exchanges or countering with the backhand.

I did find this interesting. My friend also got a 301 (in Penhold) and he also really likes it. he likes a blade with some stiffness his former blade was YEO and he says the 301 is perfect being on the stiff side. As for myself I come from the other direction liking flex and I would not call this blade stiff, especially when looping. Mine feel comparable to my power wood in regards to flex or stiffness.

This may does mean much since playing styles are so different but I’ll just add I actually felt like i had to make more adjustments when playing my new Avalox p500 (koto spruce)than i have with the 301. It’s also a nice blade and adjustments were not a big deal but it seems to have a little more rebound in the short game to adjust to as well some small adjustments when countering looping and blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
My new H301 with H3NC on both sides just arrived today from China. Genuine code to check authenticity. Yet to play with it.
IMG_2645.jpgIMG_2646.jpgIMG_2647.jpg

Reactions: Cobalt765 and Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys, I want to ask You if You had comparision within dhs 301 and Primorac JP. Is it dhs faster, does it have more control etc... Any opinion will be great for me, because I want to try this blade ;)
I have played both.

Trajectory - 301 longer
Arc - Primorac higher
Speed - 301 faster
Control - Primorac higher
Weight - 301 heavier

For me, 301 goes really well with tacky Chinese rubbers. It will give your opponent a hard time as your power loop will be low and long.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
After few games I can tell You that this blade is fantastic :) I was sceptical after first training but now I think that it will be my first choice. I put Xiom Vega Pro on Fh and Acuda S3 on bh and it's great combination. Nice loop, great topspin and defence is also quite easy to play. With Acuda on bh I can put the ball wherever I want and thanks to Xiom I can play really fast topspins.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
After few games I can tell You that this blade is fantastic :) I was sceptical after first training but now I think that it will be my first choice. I put Xiom Vega Pro on Fh and Acuda S3 on bh and it's great combination. Nice loop, great topspin and defence is also quite easy to play. With Acuda on bh I can put the ball wherever I want and thanks to Xiom I can play really fast topspins.
It's great value for money. Overall performance is comparable to Butterfly Innerforce and Long V. In some areas such as speed at low impact, 301 actually exceed the other two. For a fraction of the price, it's at least worth a try.

Spend 5min sanding down the edges and handle would make your 301 feel like a $200 blade.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
How good is it compared to Fang Bo carbon?
It's great value for money. Overall performance is comparable to Butterfly Innerforce and Long V. In some areas such as speed at low impact, 301 actually exceed the other two. For a fraction of the price, it's at least worth a try.

Spend 5min sanding down the edges and handle would make your 301 feel like a $200 blade.

Passionate about TT

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Currently I'm using a Euro ALL/All+ blade Appelgren Senso with Euro rubbers. My rubbers are Rhyzm 425 and Baracuda Big Slam. Have also used Vega Europe DF and Gewo Flexxon Soft. My level is intermediate around US1600 and I'm an attacking player looking to loop 3rd ball if possible. I wouldn't say it's a power loop though, my arm speed is not super fast. Also push and block, rarely counter.

My question is how would a DHS H301 or Fang Bo with Chinese rubbers play different to my current typical Euro/Euro set up. What would I need to do different? When we say 'paired with Chinese rubbers', what are we typically meaning? H3, Globe 999, TIII ? Boosted, Neo or natural?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
After reading this post, I'm convinced to purchase this bargain blade :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
my 301 arrived yesterday. Really a nice blade.
Handle is quite thin and short, but I think that is ok.
Seems to to be as fast as my Avalaox C555, but a bit more flexible.
Will test the blade on the upcoming weekend.

I am assuming you have been using the H301 for abut a year now. How do you like it and what is your best take it's capabilities

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I intend to seal my H301 (if it ever arrives from shipping partner facility purgatory). Has anyone else sealed their blade and do you think it affects the touch or gear power aspects of the blade much?

This user has no status.
I intend to seal my H301 (if it ever arrives from shipping partner facility purgatory). Has anyone else sealed their blade and do you think it affects the touch or gear power aspects of the blade much?

I've sealed with the regular wood varnish spray up on arrival. Just a light coat on both sides. As I've not played with the blade before and after varnish, cannot differentiate the feeling. It has been almost 8 months since I owned the blade, and been changing the rubbers quite often (I guess I'd have changed atleast 4-5 times till now). I can tell for sure, that the coat must have protected the outer ply's so far as I've learned from other users with H301 that with out sealing, there is a higher chance of splintering the wood while changing rubbers. I've not found the blade to be too stiff, been very consistent on the low throw and very flexible regardless of different ESN/Chinese rubbers used so far.

Last edited: