DHS Hurricane 301?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Thank you. I suspect the answer is revealed in the fact that nobody has complained that sealing adversely affects the touch or feel of the wood. The benefit of sealing must outweigh any fear of changing he characteristics of the blade. One other question, some users have mentioned that the low throw is more problematic on the backhand. I have considered trying a high throw rubber, Yasaka Xtend SD on the backhand side and 729 Battle II on the forehand. Any opinion?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you're not a very competent player with a powerful shot, I wouldn't recommend that setup.
It's a low throw setup both due to blade and rubber for forehand.
If you're competent with a powerful shot, your powerful shot is about to become x2 dangerous :>

This setup facilitates very spinny short serves, short touches, and very powerful topspin shots.
Anything in between (all the so-so power shots that beginners/physically weak players make) will be much worse than with a euro-type setup. So be honest to yourself about where you are and get equipment that's appropriate :>

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Thread bump, hope I can get a couple questions answered between the H301 & Fang Bo 2.

The main difference between these two seem to be the outer ply. One being koto, and the other being limba. Koto is a harder wood?

The FB2 is softer, yet stiffer than the 301? Does it also offer better control & feel if so?

Does the 301 offer more flex?

Also how is it that the 301 is marketed as the “little brother” to the HL5 when the FB2 is basically the same composition?

Last edited: