Difference between 2.15 and 2.2mm

This user has no status.
Is there really a difference between the playing characteristics of a rubber when the difference in thickness is that small? Is the 2.15 better for boosting since the swelling of the sponge doesn't cross the thickness limit?

I don't boost my rubbers but I am thinking of buying a sheet of Hurricane 8 and the two thickness options are really giving me an unnecessary headache. Rationally thinking I would probably be fine with either one but the option to choose is killing me and I don't know which one I should get or is there even a real difference for people who don't boost their rubbers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
If you don't boost get the 2.2. If you boost and don't play events where your equipment gets inspected buy the 2.2. If you are playing serious events and you boost buy the 2.15.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If you don't boost get the 2.2. If you boost and don't play events where your equipment gets inspected buy the 2.2. If you are playing serious events and you boost buy the 2.15.

There is one more thing to consider. On any Japanese or German rubber the actual thickness will vary around the number given, usually within the limits of the next to both sides (if you buy 1.8 you may get 1.72 or 1.95). I have bought "max" rubbers (should´ve been 2.1/2.2) that were thinner than the same rubber with 2.0 mm sponge, so it´s not even always a thing of production, but of packaging.

And I have serious doubts this will be any different with Chinese rubbers ;)

Whatever you buy between 2.15 and 2.2, you may well end up with the other, so don´t do your head in.