3 1.05%
    Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    1. Top | #461
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak

Senior TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Andro Treiber K
      Forehand Rubber Gewo Nano Flex FT48 (2.1)
      Backhand Rubber Gewo Nano Flex FT48 (1.9)

Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 576 Times in 293 Posts

German Open 2017

Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
      Given FZD's age and performance right now it's very unlikely he wouldn't make it to WR#1 and also WTTC singles gold at some point in next 5-8 years...
      It’s a given! Dima did suddenly raise his level, and overpowered FZD for now.

Yet there are whispers about the mythical weak Dima FH, and if any of that were true FZD needs fear no more. Intouchable. But will he be allowed to, having committed high treason (as some describe it) or showed deep loyalty (as I wpulf) at the China Open? Time will tell.

2. The Following User Likes yoass's Post:

NextLevel (5 Days Ago)

3. Top | #462
      says MORE ROTATION

Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 2,986 Times in 1,528 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Michal_Z View Post
      I know, I just have the feeling, we will not..
      You know - it is just a feeling, future will tell, maybe I am wrong..
      Maybe?? Mos def!

Lolz

4. Top | #463
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: China

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,066 Times in 346 Posts
      I think there are some misunderstandings of World Ranking in both current and new ranking system.
      In current ranking system, Dima is ranked #3 in Nov and above XX. A lot of people in this forum were surprised and disagreed. They thought XX's just folded because of inactivity for 4 months. That's NOT the case. Dima performed well this year; although his rating points (relative to the level) are lower than XX, he has more bonus points (relative to results) and Dima's Nov total points are more than XX's.
      Both Dima and FZD have chance to be the new #1 in Jan 2018 but their actual ranking points will be very close. That being said, under the new ranking system, we can expect multiple players ranked #1 within a year (I think at least three in 2018) and ML's record of being #1 for 34 consecutive months will almost be impossible to break.
      And I must point out, if ML attended Swedish Open and lost in the first round (or simply withdrew before the match), he will get 450 points (halved as a seed) and he will be ranked #1 in Jan 2018 no matter how Dima and FZD performed in Swedish Open (winner 1800 points) and Grand Finals (winner 2550 points). That's why the new ranking system sounds a little silly to me.

5. The Following User Likes rainneverever's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (5 Days Ago)

6. Top | #464
      says Tibhar Genius is pure Genius

Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
      Forehand Rubber Genius Max
      Backhand Rubber Genius Max

Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 8,676 Times in 3,797 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by rainneverever View Post
      I think there are some misunderstandings of World Ranking in both current and new ranking system.
      In current ranking system, Dima is ranked #3 in Nov and above XX. A lot of people in this forum were surprised and disagreed. They thought XX's just folded because of inactivity for 4 months. That's NOT the case. Dima performed well this year; although his rating points (relative to the level) are lower than XX, he has more bonus points (relative to results) and Dima's Nov total points are more than XX's.
      Both Dima and FZD have chance to be the new #1 in Jan 2018 but their actual ranking points will be very close. That being said, under the new ranking system, we can expect multiple players ranked #1 within a year (I think at least three in 2018) and ML's record of being #1 for 34 consecutive months will almost be impossible to break.
      And I must point out, if ML attended Swedish Open and lost in the first round (or simply withdrew before the match), he will get 450 points (halved as a seed) and he will be ranked #1 in Jan 2018 no matter how Dima and FZD performed in Swedish Open (winner 1800 points) and Grand Finals (winner 2550 points). That's why the new ranking system sounds a little silly to me.

Not silly if you consider that the player this would have favored is both the reigning world and olympic Champion.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. Finally playing with a fast blade and loving it.

7. Top | #465
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: China

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,066 Times in 346 Posts
      No, the Olympic champion is NOT favored. The points for Olympic Games are valid for only ONE year instead of FOUR years as released in the first version of 2018 WR regulations. Check out the updated version.
      https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.ne...2018-final.pdf

Why I found the new ranking system silly is that it tries to reward participation over results. As I said, if ML went to Swedish Open and did not win the first round, he can still earn 450 points and continue to be #1. In the current system, he will be penalized 25 points if he withdrew before the first round, or he will lose way more points if he played and got beaten by a qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      Not silly if you consider that the player this would have favored is both the reigning world and olympic Champion.

8. The Following User Likes rainneverever's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (5 Days Ago)

9. Top | #466
      says Tibhar Genius is pure Genius

Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
      Forehand Rubber Genius Max
      Backhand Rubber Genius Max

Reviews
      Read 14 Reviews
      Liked 8,676 Times in 3,797 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by rainneverever View Post
      No, the Olympic champion is NOT favored. The points for Olympic Games are valid for only ONE year instead of FOUR years as released in the first version of 2018 WR regulations. Check out the updated version.
      https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.ne...2018-final.pdf

Why I found the new ranking system silly is that it tries to reward participation over results. As I said, if ML went to Swedish Open and did not win the first round, he can still earn 450 points and continue to be #1. In the current system, he will be penalized 25 points if he withdrew before the first round, or he will lose way more points if he played and got beaten by a qualifier.
      I never said the Olmypic Champion was favored. I said that the player in question is that player. It rewards participation and results, but there is a bias towards participation in order to keep players current if they want to keep their seeding relevant. Otherwise, they will just have to risk upsets in earlier rounds. This is going to required if you have a points system similar to tennis. Ma Long usually participates in the top tour events so this would be moot in most years. IT's just this particular year that he can't and that is because of internal Chinese competitions. But the new system will also mean that top players have to play more on the tour i they want to keep on different sides of other ITTF tournametn draws.
      Last edited by NextLevel; 5 Days Ago at 05:40 PM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324