Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
What happened to the mythology of the 100 unrated Chinese players who would easily win in the top 20? I love the Chinese table tennis players and training more than most, but deifying the mystical, mythological invisible 100 is like saying there are 20 Messi's in Argentina. China is having a hard enough time replacing Zhang Jike with Lin Gaoyuan, and they have pushed Ma Long into the hospital. I love it when they have 4 of the top 5, but that cannot last forever.

I don't think there was ever a mythology of 100 unrated Chinese players that are like 20 Messi's
But what I do know there are plenty of unrated Chinese players that are equal to Joao Monteiro, and we just witnessed that.

Now how many unrated non Chinese is similar to Joao Monteiro?

In the 4:3 victory, there was 2 match points to Zhou Kai
So how many unrated can do that to a top 20 in a platinum series (where big match temperament is required)

If CNT changes from a national team to individual team, then Zhou Kai would have his own support team and can tour lots of platinum's and get a pretty high world ranking
Maybe that is the more fair way to find the next messi, what do you think?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I don't think there was ever a mythology of 100 unrated Chinese players that are like 20 Messi's
But what I do know there are plenty of unrated Chinese players that are equal to Joao Monteiro, and we just witnessed that.

So how many unrated can do that to a top 20 in a platinum series (where big match temperament is required)

If CNT changes from a national team to individual team, then Zhou Kai would have his own support team and can tour lots of platinum's and get a pretty high world ranking

WorkerBee is right, I've heard the '100 chinese top 10 player' legend. And yes, there is lots of unrated, yet very strong chinese players. But they aren't invincible like the legend says. We can see, that even the Marvellous 12 doesn't exists.
CNT seemingly changes his policy and sends a lot more players to international tournaments, so we will see their abilities more accurately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I am just thinking what is the idea of sending two judges for a match. Check out the 1 set with Dyjas and Calderano when it is 13:13. Players are teaching judges what to do and even changing the score !!!

Those umpires will get punished for this for sure..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I know you love China, but Monteiro ITTF ranking is 51 not 20. Thanks.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Majoros Bence and Ecseki Nándor did a great job beating Aruna and Gao. I hope they will continue their fly and stay in top 100, hungarian TT really needs a revival.

When someone ranked 220 in the world beats Aruna, you know it is a depressing day for me, especially when I couldn't see the match...

Then I find out he is only 20 years old and had beaten some good players (Groth) before, and he goes on to beat Monteiro in impressive style (I love his close to the table looping game, especially his backhand) and I think he is definitely a future star. Good luck to him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I know you love China, but Monteiro ITTF ranking is 51 not 20. Thanks.

Well, I don't really love China.
It is just that I am slightly more knowledgeable on structures in China, Taiwan and Japan

CNT doesn't send out lots of players as it is controlled by the team and there is a heavily politics involved.
The changes to the previous coaching structure is an attempt to rid out the politics.

Regarding ajtat's part of China changing policy - not really, it is known that at some platinum events, CNT would send out top players with 2nd batch for experiencing sake

When I suggest about CNT changes to individual team policy, this is like Japan
Japan individual policy is more fair, where players can choose its own coach and choose its own tournament schedule to part take.
This is the reason why you have like 30 kids in the junior world 100.

Any ways 51, 20 all the same (good)
unrank deserved to be in the world tour more often as we can see he is good enough. and not just be in CNT as a training partner - sad but true fact!

But due to lame CNT policy (which I hate - would you believe it lol), we won't see this kid often enough (they always focus on the main 5, then + 2 or 3)

So, do I love China, or do I love the truth/facts?

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
I don't think it is all just their "policies" but their culture and mentality. The top players get send the most because they earned their spot through hard work. It is an honor, because they don't just play world tours for themselves but for China. If a top chinese player isn't send to the tournament he thinks his spot is uncertain.

Giving talents less chances also puts more pressure onto them to perform to see their mental strength in regard of the important team events.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

Let me see if I understand that correctly. So at 13-13 Calderano serves. As he hits the ball serving, the sound is a bit suspicious. A rally ensues, in which the ball bounce and sound seem OK to me. It ends with a ball which I thought was long, a miss by Dyjas. However, Dyjas is awarded the point after Calderano points out that ball did touch the table. There is some talking, maybe it's Dyas not wishing to claim that point.

Then Calderano inspects the ball, Dyjas comes to have a look too, and it seems they agree that the ball was cracked. At that moment the point was awarded to Dyjas by the referees, but both players talk to the referees — I assume they are calling for a let because of the cracked ball. After some banter, the referees provide a new ball, retroactively grant the let (apparently) and the score is reversed to 13-13.

Is that what happened?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Well, I don't really love China.
It is just that I am slightly more knowledgeable on structures in China, Taiwan and Japan

CNT doesn't send out lots of players as it is controlled by the team and there is a heavily politics involved.
The changes to the previous coaching structure is an attempt to rid out the politics.

Regarding ajtat's part of China changing policy - not really, it is known that at some platinum events, CNT would send out top players with 2nd batch for experiencing sake

When I suggest about CNT changes to individual team policy, this is like Japan
Japan individual policy is more fair, where players can choose its own coach and choose its own tournament schedule to part take.
This is the reason why you have like 30 kids in the junior world 100.

Any ways 51, 20 all the same (good)
unrank deserved to be in the world tour more often as we can see he is good enough. and not just be in CNT as a training partner - sad but true fact!

But due to lame CNT policy (which I hate - would you believe it lol), we won't see this kid often enough (they always focus on the main 5, then + 2 or 3)

So, do I love China, or do I love the truth/facts?

I though about policy changing because since the staff change we have seen more chinese players in every tournament where they sent players. They used to send the top players +2 other player to have a chance to prove (Zhou Yu, Fang Bo, Yan An, Liang Jingkun, Shang Kun were the the most frequently sent players), but nowadays they send even 4-5 plus players.