Gauzy, Pitchford, Calderano, Kallberg - Who will be the most successful?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Those four players are relatively young and have backhand-centered European game styles (Despite only 3 of them actually being European).

Who do you think will leave the biggest mark on TT history? How well will each of them have done on the World Tour, on the continental and world stages and in national Team competitions when it's all said and done?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
This characterisation of their games is ridiculous.

That said, my vote is for Gauzy. He is creative.

Gauzy is a top-10 player now only because ITTF dropped XX and ZJK from the list due to inactivity and it is likely to be his best ever ranking. As to the rest - Calderano is #18, Pichford is #58, Kallberg is #75 - ask this question again when either of them becomes a top 10 player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Gauzy showed a lot of potential recently, but I don't know if it is enough to follow Dimas footsteps. I had high expectations of Calderano after beating Boll in his Bundesliga debut but he didn't show much progress. Liam Pitchford is simply not good enough for top 20. Anton Källberg plays very well in the Bundesliga but struggles on the world tour, I can see him in the top 10 in about 5 years.

Reactions: NextLevel and vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Gauzy showed a lot of potential recently, but I don't know if it is enough to follow Dimas footsteps. I had high expectations of Calderano after beating Boll in his Bundesliga debut but he didn't show much progress. Liam Pitchford is simply not good enough for top 20. Anton Källberg plays very well in the Bundesliga but struggles on the world tour, I can see him in the top 10 in about 5 years.

Gauzy has had a steady trajectory and history of junior and senior achievement. He is creative with his game so he will keep on trying things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Gauzy is a top-10 player now only because ITTF dropped XX and ZJK from the list due to inactivity and it is likely to be his best ever ranking. As to the rest - Calderano is #18, Pichford is #58, Kallberg is #75 - ask this question again when either of them becomes a top 10 player.

I think you are underestimating Gauzy who is only 23 - peaking at 23 is a bit much, especially since he has been French champion and almost European champion. And even if it is his best ever ranking, top 10 is still a lot - there is no guarantee that ZJK would beat him head to head today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I think you are underestimating Gauzy who is only 23 - peaking at 23 is a bit much, especially since he has been French champion and almost European champion. And even if it is his best ever ranking, top 10 is still a lot - there is no guarantee that ZJK would beat him head to head today.

Perhaps, I am. I'll be very happy if he proves doubters wrong and earns his place in top 5.