Recommendation for new blade

Hi guys! I'm currently using an all wood 7 ply blade, DHS TG506+ with DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial 40 degree hardness 2.2mm on the forehand and Yasaka Rakza 7 on the backhand max thickness. I've been playing with this setup for a while and felt that it is a bit slow for me. The control is great but I'm not really satisfied with the speed. I've been considering on buying a carbon blade but still don't know which to buy since there's a ton of selections. I'm looking for a carbon blade with good feeling and vibrations. Hope to get your advice soon. Thanks!

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I'm looking for a carbon blade with good feeling and vibrations.
IMO Butterfly InnerForce Layer ALC is nice in those aspects... IMO all blades with innerforce technology has nice "feeling", actually I tried several times to change all wood blade to blade with carbon, but every time it failed because I just can't "feel" the ball with them, BUT it was all before I tried innerforce blade, IMO it has feeling of all wood blade, but still has the ability to produce power and speed of carbon blade...

Butterfly Apolonia ZLC witch I use now is also has InnerForce technology, but it's have more soft "feeling" than InnerForce Layer ALC, I think for Hurricane more "hard" InnerForce Layer ALC is better, Apolonia is more suited for Tenergy 05 rubber, and also Apolonia is more expensive...

P.S. Just IMHO of not very good amateur player
;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Closest feeling to the 506+ is likely to be the DHS series based around the Hurricane Long V. Includes the Fang Bo 2 and the PG 5. The Hurricane H301 is similar, but has a koto face, not limba. They all use an inner layer of ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi guys! I'm currently using an all wood 7 ply blade, DHS TG506+ with DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial 40 degree hardness 2.2mm on the forehand and Yasaka Rakza 7 on the backhand max thickness. I've been playing with this setup for a while and felt that it is a bit slow for me. The control is great but I'm not really satisfied with the speed. I've been considering on buying a carbon blade but still don't know which to buy since there's a ton of selections. I'm looking for a carbon blade with good feeling and vibrations. Hope to get your advice soon. Thanks!

Have you heard the "true carbon" song that's taking over the forums? I'm guessing it will soon take over this thread as well..

Reactions: thomas.pong