How i can Traning Table tennis service At home?

This user has no status.
Hey. how i can learn at home Table tennis service , because i had played a tournament and i lose 6 games with 3-0. My fault was that i make my mistakes in games. I have two quastions. The first how i can learn Table tennis service at home without a Table ? And the Second. How i can play fewer Table tennis like in Service or Topspin.
Can you give me your Tricks how you play better in Table tennis.

Andreas

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey. how i can learn at home Table tennis service , because i had played a tournament and i lose 6 games with 3-0. My fault was that i make my mistakes in games. I have two quastions. The first how i can learn Table tennis service at home without a Table ? And the Second. How i can play fewer Table tennis like in Service or Topspin.

Andreas

Anyway you can write the second question again with different words. I am not sure what you mean.

Practicing serves is easy. You can serve and let the ball bounce on the floor. You can serve onto a coach or a bed. These help you see the amount and kind of spin you put on the ball. So they are worth doing. And you can use that to learn to generate a lot of spin on your serves.

Here are some info videos for serving.

This one has decent info on the reverse pendulum serve. But I am putting it in because it shows serve practice onto the floor. Serving onto a bed or couch would be quite similar.

Practicing serves can help you improve your game skill level without practicing anything else. However, practicing fundamentals of all the strokes is useful as well. And so is practicing serve and receive drills.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Andreas

Carl has given good info for your first question, but your second one is nearly impossible to understand. If you like to you could write it in german and i'll try to translate it then.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
Brett's service is very good, I played him before. very difficult to return his service

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Sorry for my long answer and Quastion. the Quastion was how i can make Faster and spin Topspins on the Backhand side ?

Maybe I'm too tired, but I still don't quite get it. Do you want to know how to play a faster backhand topspin or how to impart more spin on your backhand topspin? Or do you want to know how to play a fast topspin to the backhand side of your opponents? You mentioned in your first post that you make many mistakes in matchplay situations, so going for (even) faster and/ or riskier shots is perhaps not the best medicine...
My advice: Take Suga's advice and post your questions(s) in german and let him translate it. That way you probably have the best chances to get reasonable advice. Carl and the other experts are very helpful and I cannot see you being banned or something like that just for posting a question in german...
But as I said: Maybe I'm too tired right now to fully comprehend the situation...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm afraid there is no proper way to train service off the table.

If you can get a cheaper table, it will be better than no table.
If you don't have a table, but have access to a table somewhere else, then buy:
1) portable net catcher
2) 100 balls
and practice non stop service

You need to learn to know how to get the ball to bounce on your side of the table and on the other side,
together with that, the pace, weight, spin, placement (on both bounce), speed of the ball is all crucial
This you can't do off the table....